Public Holidays in France & Belgium

Don Madge

If you are travelling to France/Belgium in the near future be aware that Wed 1st November and Sat 11th November are public holidays. Some services/supermarkets might be closed. The bonus side is there will be very few trucks on the road from 2200hrs the previous evening. Safe travelling Don

Hi Don Just in case you think your post has fallen on deaf ears let me say thank you. We travel into France on the 1st November and we were not aware of these public holidays. The traffic situation is good news indeed and we have stocked up on food and drink as it happens. PS I've just spent £14 on a beautiful Michelin France 2006 guide but now I read that all French roads are to be renumbered with a different scheme of numbering in each region. My exquisite book will soon be redundant! Regards David

[QUOTE]Chanel5 - 2006-10-30 7:35 PM Hi Don PS I've just spent £14 on a beautiful Michelin France 2006 guide but now I read that all French roads are to be renumbered with a different scheme of numbering in each region. My exquisite book will soon be redundant! Regards David[/QUOTE] David, It's been ongoing since Jan 06, it could only happen in France 8-) 8-) 8-) knowing how the french work it will just be about finished when they bring in another system. :-D :-D Don

Archived