Propane Gauges

Globetrotter

If its possible to carry a spare gas bottle , even if its the smallest available, then there,s no need for a gauge where I often felt that when handing back a empty bottle there was still a considerable amount of gas left, and at least you know you are getting full value for your money. Howard.

I found the same gauge by Gaslow in the french catalogue from Narbonne Accessoires priced at 25 Euros and they say it gives a pecise read out!! It would seem to be the place to put the gauge rather than after the regulator as other Gaslow gauges do. I have used the type that fit after the regulator and they do not give an accurate indication unless you view it when using gas and then it's only approximate. They only way to really know how much gas you have is to weigh the cylinder and Narbonne Accessoires have just such a tool in their catalogue ref. 332300 again at 25 Euros. The cylinder sits on the device and you set the full position and as gas is used you can see the weight on the gauge and you can tell exactly how much remains; hope this helps. A quick Google will take you to the site in question.

[QUOTE]Globetrotter - 2006-11-01 4:15 PM Hi Bill Interesting, but I can't find Narbonne accessories on Google. Does anyone have the URL? Thanks.[/QUOTE] Hi GT Try http://tinyurl.com/vykbh The only accurate gauge for a gas bottle is a float gauge and they don' t come cheap. Don

Archived