Overnighting

Tobyrab11

Tobyrab11 - 2015-08-14 5:31 PM

hi folks has anybody stopped overnight at the sobradiel services near zaragoza we are travelling to calpe shortly and wondered if this was safe.

Or if you fancy getting a bit further away from Zaragoza you could try the rest area here . .

40.754232, -1.338685

It's around 90 minutes south of Zaragoza on the road south. There is parking for several trucks/motorhomes and a Motorhome water/dump area. You can even wash the 'van if it needs a clean. There is fuel/shop/café.

HTH

Keith

Zaragoza to Calpe

We have travelled this route on many occasions en route to Javea (which is just a few Km north of Calpe).

We have stopped overnight at Cariñena (N 41.33802,  W -1.23001) which is just a few Km south of Zaragoza and at Segorbe (N 39.84811,  W -0.48191) if you are happy to go a bit further. We felt quite safe at both locations. Alternatively you might want to consider Teruel (N 40.33132,  W -1.09273), but this has no water or waste facilities.

Personally, I would not be inclined to stop overnight at Monreal del Campo (N 40.75386,  W -1.33833). It is a busy and popular motorway service area with a fairly decent restaurant but we would not be comfortable staying there overnight.

We find Campercontact (www.campercontact.com) very useful in finding good overnight stops.                 

Yes, we've stayed there, quite safe, you'll be fine, the services are 24 hours, so even if you get there late you can get some food, I'd suggest you park in the coach bays as if you're next to a truck in their bays it'll wake you if it sets off early

markh1 - 2015-08-18 2:01 PM

Yes, we've stayed there, quite safe, you'll be fine, the services are 24 hours, so even if you get there late you can get some food, I'd suggest you park in the coach bays as if you're next to a truck in their bays it'll wake you if it sets off early

Quite safe? Years ago, before we knew any better, we stopped overnight in the South of France at a 24hr service area, fully floodlit with a dedicated area for motorhome/caravan use. In the middle of the night I woke to find a low life in our cab. From what I keep reading nothing has changed much and the general advise is not to risk it in southern France or northern Spain. There is a decent campsite just off the motorway at Zaragoza. My advice would be to use that and get a decent nights sleep.

Archived