Anyone been to Luxumbourg's camping-bon-accueil

Abcheetham

Abcheetham - 2015-08-17 8:21 AM

That explains it then! I think we should be ok because we're planning on being there out of season anyway so I'll check when they're open.

Don't be too confident. It is a very popular site all year. We, along with a few others, who arrived at the same time, around 2.0pm mid week in May were turned away with instructions how to get to the Luxemburg Camping Club site just outside the city. Apparently it happens regularly. The site was Ok but not what we had planned and not as convenient.

Was there twice this year in June, on way south and then back north. I can confirm that you need to be there by 2pm to more or less get a place. It is an excellent site with a very high standard of toilets/showers. There is a terrific cycle run into Luxembourg city that takes you to Grund at the cliff below the city, there is a lift that takes you up the cliff with your bikes and quite difficult to spot if you dont know its there, otherwise its a long heavy push uphill for the last half mile. They do not take bookings even if you phone on the day.

Archived