long term polishing

breakaleg

Hi, i think that i can remmember an article regarding polishing a motorhome, which wouldnt need to be polished again for at least three years. being unable to wash and polish a van anymore, i feel this might be a good idea for me. can anyone shed any light on this? thanks for any ideas pete

in the motor trade there is a product called SUPAGAURD.. i used to sell it and when the polish is applied it cust down the washing needed and is gaurenteed for 3 years.it also has upholstery,carpet and vynal protector. it reduces the risk of bird droppings damaging your paint and whenit come time to wash you can just rinse it down and leave it you dont need to chamois it dry..i dont recomend many products but this one is fantastic and will definatly have it when i get a new van. not sure where you get it from but you could try contacting some of your local dealers.the web site is: www.supagard.com i have tried diamond brite and other makes and they really are inferior to supagard. hope this helps..

If you do a search of the forum you will find a number of postings on this topic. It depends what your motorhome panels are made of - if metal (steel or Ally), no problem with any polish. BUT: - if ABS, it is important not to use any petroleum based products (they melt ABS over time) - if GRP, you should not use a polish containing Silicone as it softens the surface gel coat over time, making it subject to crazing and cracking.

Archived