Is anyone travelling Dunkirk/Calais to Murcia area beginning of January

Vixter

We will be travelling from Dunkirk to Somewhere South of Alicante, departing 7th January and anticipating about a week to get there. Is anyone else doing similar, who would be interested in making a convoy? The idea is based on the principal of Safety In Numbers Vixter

Obviously some of us have caused you to worry obout this trip when the only purpose was to make you aware. Frankly, I worry more about what the toilets will be like at the next campsite than I do about someone taking a fancy to my ill gotten gains but, I appreciate that it can happen. It's just something to keep in mind, not worry about. Have fun.

Hi we are looking to go in early Jan 07 for 3 months but we haven't decided on the actual date yet, QUOTE]Vixter - 2006-10-31 3:39 PM We will be travelling from Dunkirk to Somewhere South of Alicante, departing 7th January and anticipating about a week to get there. Is anyone else doing similar, who would be interested in making a convoy? The idea is based on the principal of Safety In Numbers Vixter[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Vixter - 2006-10-31 3:39 PM We will be travelling from Dunkirk to Somewhere South of Alicante, departing 7th January and anticipating about a week to get there. Is anyone else doing similar, who would be interested in making a convoy? The idea is based on the principal of Safety In Numbers Vixter[/QUOTE] Hi Vixter, You might find the following useful. At night we leave nothing in the cab area except a our maps and guide books that are kept in the back pockets of the cab seats. When the seats are swiveled they prevent anybody entering through the cab doors. Anything of value is stored away out of sight, nothing of any value is within an arms length of any window. All clothing is put away except what we would need to to put on exit the van quickly at night. The laptop, camera and inverter are always kept out of sight when not in use. The van keys are never left in the ignition but have a special hook that is hidden from view but can be got at easily when exiting the van. We have a torch/flashlight within hands reach at night. Once we are in the van for the night the perimeter alarm is switched on. For the less able (like us) I would suggest you practice getting out of the van with the beds made up, if it's difficult in the day time imagine what it would be like at night. Try it in the dark with and without a torch/flash light starting off with all the doors locked. Make sure you can get at your fire extinguisher easily at any time. I was given some advice by a fireman many years ago. If you are in the van and you have a fire use the extinguisher to get yourselves out, don't attempt to fight the fire from inside the van. I know this is a very sweeping statement but the van can be replaced you can't. When "Free Parking" at night try and position your van so that it can't be blocked in by one vehicle. Not always possible but worth a try. Please don't be put off by all the stories of break ins and robberies you hear about. Think of all the thousands that never have any problems. As somebody has already quoted "Good news is not news" or something like that. Remember we only have a small van and our motto is "A place for everything and everything in its place" I'm sure others can add to this post. Safe travelling Don

Hi, Thanks for the offer, albeit I have just noticed that your other half doesn't seem to keen on the idea ??? As i said above we really don't know a date as yet albeit it will be in early Jan, I also keep looking at the CC web site to see if they extend their offer on the AT ferry to Bilbao, because if they do extend it into 2007 and it will cover our intended 3 months then we will be taking the ferry direct to northern Spain. However if they don't continue the offer we will take a ferry to France and drive down in a similar manner to yourselves, I will let you know nearer the date what we are doing, Brian [QUOTE]Vixters other half - 2006-11-01 6:07 PM To Enodreven If you fancy travelling with us, pls email me direct Vixter[/QUOTE]

Archived