Transit engine 2.2 63 plate citroen relay

coving

Hi all ,just wondering if anyone has any ideas , i purchased a brand new citroen relay but at 3000 miles water leaked from the scuttle and i had no idea , but every time it rained the engine had a rattle so it went to the garage twice they never found a fault ,so i had the scuttle sealed up and it never rattled again but im now have the engine over running when turned off i can have the keys in my hand before it stops but this is only now and then .One day i was sat at the lights not in gear and something went bange in the engine but i dont know what so i told the garage but no fault found .Yesturday morning i started it up and it didnt sound right and when i went to drive off there was no power ,i put the pedal to the floor and it just stayed on tick over for a few seconds and then picked up , but sinse the water leaked from the scuttle the engine is not running right ,its ok driving down the road but then its like i have changed down a gear and the revs change ,i have now got 15000 on the clock . :'(

Guest pelmetman

Might be worth asking on here as well ;-) .............

http://fordtransit.org

Unfortunately the 2.2 has a somewhat checkered history :-| ........

Ooops I see you have already asked on the Tranny forum.........might be worth trying a different main dealer? :-S ...........

Billggski - 2015-08-24 7:57 PM

yes still under waranty ,but the garage is useless every time it goes in ,they say cant find a fault ,well i have just drove home now and there was a burning smell and the engine wasnt running right ,and i cant even here the turbo at all , last night i bought a vivaro for my boy with 150,000 miles on and it drives like a dream against this pile of junk . >:-)

colin - 2015-08-24 11:43 PM

I'm not sure, but sounds a bit like happened to me, check the intake for mice.

just checked the air filter box and was a cooked mouse in there but it had not got in through the filter and no holes in it so it must hav slipped down the tube .

I had thought i'd cleared all the dead mice from my filter, turned out one had gone throu into next part of intake and then at random times was sucked up against mesh on air mas balance sensor.

To check this you need to remove the 'U' bend pipe under the filter and any other pipe up to the air mas sensor which (on my van) is just behind the filter.

It's a common problem on x2/50 campervans which are left for weeks without use.

Billggski - 2015-08-27 5:45 PM

Well I never, so now a mousetrap is a service item?

The intake on x2/50 is mouse heaven, until the engine is started.

I have fitted an 1/4" stainless mesh at the cross member intake and have not had problems since.

One of our Oz members, due to an unfortunate set of circumstances hydrauliced an engine due to mice, it cost me several hundred pound to sort mine out.

Ok thanks for the info i will go outside and have a look ,i do live in the country and we do get mice ,but i just thought that all my trouble with the engine over running and when im driving down the road sometimes its like i have just changed down a gear the engine just aint right .

coving - 2015-08-27 6:43 PM

Ok thanks for the info i will go outside and have a look ,i do live in the country and we do get mice ,but i just thought that all my trouble with the engine over running and when im driving down the road sometimes its like i have just changed down a gear the engine just aint right .

Well I can't garentee it will solve all your problems, but when I first got mouse problems I was driving around a roundabout on A1 and thought I had selected wrong gear, after that at random intervals I would get a sudden power loss for a short while then all would be ok. I didn't get overun.

nothing else in the pipes ,After watching a small clip on utube a guy showed testing injectors so i did the same by having the engine running and putting a screwdriver to them one at a time and to my ear , 3 sounded the same and 1 was a lot louder so maybe thats something to look at .

Archived