Making money from my motorhome

crob

Has anyone got any ideas how to make money from my motorhome? I have a 25’ vehicle with 3 beds (2 over the cab), and the usual seating and fittings etc. I enjoy driving the van, but during the winter we hardly go away in it. I know that there are insurance implications (which may make it difficult to use commercially), but I am trying to make some use, and make some money, from using it over this period. I do not wish to hire it out for others to drive. I have thought about a small pop group, but - smoking, drugs, loud music? (?)

Other than the obvious use, seen all over France, and 3 beds too... I have met someone who used their van to commute to London. He slept while the chauffer drove and the chauffer slept while the gentleman was at his meetings. The other film & TV use is overnight security. Trouble is this area tends to be pretty closed shop. I can't think of any of the directories to point you towards. Only know the Scottish one - Film Bang. When you stumble across the honey pot, let us all know.

The only problem with hiring it out is that the extra costs and the fact that it is likely to age more quickly (and hence depreciate faster) may well wipe out a lot of what you gain. That said, there is an outfit called Hire Buddies (do a 'Google') who act as intermediaries in hire deals. No idea whether they're any good or whether they have demand at this time of year.

Archived