Why do some take the kitchen sink away with them?

Curtisden

Ashpark - 2015-08-26 4:32 PM

Now you've got me really worried, we have two lockers that never have anything in them and we are able to survive on the road quite well despite this. Should I be finding ways of filling these up forthwith ;-)

Must say I fall right into the "curtain twitcher" category, what's the fun without keeping tabs on our temporary neighbours. What the folk in the OP needed was what I saw on my last trip, a van towing a horsebox, sized trailer with a selection of gubbins similar to those mentioned. No washing machine though..........as far as I could see that is (lol)

Ah! Bu did you put on your Victor Meldrew face and look in the Horse Trailer? It may have been there?

Happy Days.

After posing a question on a computer forum i was told, "yes you can get a non OE 12v charger which will operate it......but it won't charge the battery". Dell, pulled a crafty one on this. The only 12v charger which will actually charge the pc is a Dell OE part which aren't cheap! Once i knew what i was looking for (it comes as part of a kit of leads/plugs in a pouch) i spotted one on fleabay and bought it. So that lead now stays in my van.

!

Hmmm, I find this interesting as I also had have a Dell laptop. I had a spare Dell PSU so cut the charge plug lead off to make a direct connection to 12v dc. It did not work, although the power LED came on the Dell. When I looked closer and opened up the Dell PSU there was a lot of electronics for a PSU and the three connection were positive, negative and data. In effect the laptop was sending data to the PSU to control battery charging.

I am interested in what PSU you connected your ebay lead to and if it is actually charging the battery and not just illuminating the power LED.

Curtisden - 2015-08-26 4:44 PM

Ashpark - 2015-08-26 4:32 PM

Now you've got me really worried, we have two lockers that never have anything in them and we are able to survive on the road quite well despite this. Should I be finding ways of filling these up forthwith ;-)

Must say I fall right into the "curtain twitcher" category, what's the fun without keeping tabs on our temporary neighbours. What the folk in the OP needed was what I saw on my last trip, a van towing a horsebox, sized trailer with a selection of gubbins similar to those mentioned. No washing machine though..........as far as I could see that is (lol)

Ah! Bu did you put on your Victor Meldrew face and look in the Horse Trailer? It may have been there?

Happy Days.

Look in the horse trailer................neigh chance B-)

I had a colleague who took his two horses on holiday with him. He and his wife had a horse box with living area. For short holidays, they used the horse box as a motorhome and somebody at the home stables looked after the horses for a few days. For longer holidays, they brought the horses along and stayed on farms or at riding schools. That reduced the amount of tackle they needed to take.

Whilst it surprised me, I've met several people more recently who take a horse or two away with them.

Curtisden - 2015-08-26 4:17 PM

Thankyou Brian a good point.

If you read to OP it was not putting down anyone but a simple robust observation of a event that I saw.

Leading to an inferred question of why some need so much kit.

But as maybe you would agree the post on some subjects seem to produce a out of all proportion response that also puzzles me.

Children on sites, Dogs everywhere, a suggestion that this Ferry route or that make of Camper may not be up to scratch produces not argument but personal vindictive.

We all know the usual suspects and I try to be both robust and balanced in my postings.

Why is it so often that a request for some advice or information on a subject produce torrents of :-

I have never been to Spain but Bradford is? I have never had that but? or Don't have a clue on that make but?

But maybe enough is enough and now it has stopped raining I can go back out and finish tidying the Camper ready for our next foray to places remote, wild camping in some stunning valley regardless of the weather away from the madding crowd.

I can smell the coffee now.

Thanks

Tea anybody :D

I was staying on a site at sutton on sea a couple of years ago and was very surprised to see in a caravan awning a full size fridge freezer , i think the family staying there must have had quite a few kids judging by the amount of bikes , i thought it a good idea to have an economical holiday by chucking the household fridge freezer in the back of the van , so you didnt have to buy tons of food on holiday :)pp

keninpalamos - 2015-08-27 11:23 AM

Curtisden - 2015-08-26 4:17 PM

Thankyou Brian a good point.

If you read to OP it was not putting down anyone but a simple robust observation of a event that I saw.

Leading to an inferred question of why some need so much kit.

But as maybe you would agree the post on some subjects seem to produce a out of all proportion response that also puzzles me.

Children on sites, Dogs everywhere, a suggestion that this Ferry route or that make of Camper may not be up to scratch produces not argument but personal vindictive.

We all know the usual suspects and I try to be both robust and balanced in my postings.

Why is it so often that a request for some advice or information on a subject produce torrents of :-

I have never been to Spain but Bradford is? I have never had that but? or Don't have a clue on that make but?

But maybe enough is enough and now it has stopped raining I can go back out and finish tidying the Camper ready for our next foray to places remote, wild camping in some stunning valley regardless of the weather away from the madding crowd.

I can smell the coffee now.

Thanks

Tea anybody :D

I offer both Earl Grey and Darjeeling with of course Cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off. ;-)

Well, we're going full time in a few weeks (we're in the middle of packing up the cottage and about to stuff the keys up the upper class twit of a landlord's back passage) and whilst I did calculate how much juice my electric drum kit uses I wasn't permitted to even consider bringing it on board.

But now we're getting an inflatable awning and, you know, there may be just enough room in there...

Archived