Fake Benefit Claimants

Guest Peter James

Quote from a relative.

'The worry is that democracy needs an effective opposition that could if the electorate desire form an effective government.

At the moment Labour seem incapable of of even devising a reliable system for electing a leader'.

My guess is that a contender disgruntled with the result would have little trouble having it overturned in court because of voting irregularities.

Guest Peter James

Left and Right wing are relative terms. The centre ground of British politics has been moving to the right for the last 3 decades, thats what makes Corbyn look left wing. But he is no more left wing than Wilson, and being the only credible opposition to the right wing establishment has gained a lot of support, especially in Scotland which the Labour party need to win back. No wonder Corbyn has got the Establishment worried, and their press are conducting personal attacks and smear campaigns against him, rather than explain his policies properly.

The Establishment candidates claim Corbyn couldn't win an election, which is a bit rich considering they have lost the last two (lol)

Peter James - 2015-08-24 9:29 PM

Apparently the DWP is short of benefit claimants, because it is spending our money on hiring Actors to portray benefit claimants - and say what a good job the DWP is doing *-) /

Have another look Peter. They did not " hire actors"

It seems they got hold of a couple of stock photos of anonymous people and made up a couple of quotes.

Shouldn't think that cost us much.

( I reckon they got the idea from internet product reviews ).

;-)

We don't need another Harold Wilson. Corbyn strikes me more like Tony Benn. A decent man with several views that don't match mine. Be interested to see whether Corbyn becomes corrupted by power if he does win the vote or whether he holds true.

The DWP approach to supporting their story is common practice in public and private sector and has been for many years. I'm surprised anyone thinks testimonials or such like are genuine nowadays - apologies to the few that only use true stories.

Brock - 2015-08-25 9:56 AM

We don't need another Harold Wilson. Corbyn strikes me more like Tony Benn. A decent man with several views that don't match mine. Be interested to see whether Corbyn becomes corrupted by power if he does win the vote or whether he holds true.

I don't support a lot of Corbyns policies but I think he is a breath of fresh air.

Says what he thinks, doesn't waffle, and doesn't spend all his time making personal attacks on other contenders.

I've really no idea what the other leadership hopefuls stand for - apart from stopping Corbyn.

If he doesn't get the Labour leadership, we could always do with him on the forum.

;-)

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2015-08-25 11:26 AM

I don't support a lot of Corbyns policies but I think he is a breath of fresh air.

Says what he thinks, doesn't waffle, and doesn't spend all his time making personal attacks on other contenders.

I've really no idea what the other leadership hopefuls stand for - apart from stopping Corbyn.

If he doesn't get the Labour leadership, we could always do with him on the forum.

;-)

Indeed. Corbyn is the only politician I have seen put down Blair. Wouldn't expect the Tories to do it, as Thatcher said of Blair 'He is one of us' (lol)

In reply to Blair, Corbyn simply said 'I don't do personal, I don't do abuse' B-)

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2015-08-25 9:19 AM

Have another look Peter. They did not " hire actors"

I read about it on the Financial Times Website Aug 18th by Jim Pickard under the heading 'Fake Benefit Claimants Appear in Official Leaflet' who writes 'the photographs were of actors' - this is the link but its behind a paywall http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4815f018-45b8-11e5-af2f-4d6e0e5eda22.html#axzz3jlTq0hqp

I can see the link I posted is a bit ambiguous but it doesn't say they are not actors - it just says they are not real claimants: “The photos used are stock photos and along with the names do not belong to real claimants."

Guest Peter James
Archiesgrandad - 2015-08-25 6:31 PM

I used to work with Corbyn. If I was a member of the Labour Party I would not vote for him.

What is it about his policies you disagree with?

If I were a member of The Labour Party I wouldn't vote for him either , thankfully I'm not but I do hope he wins

Friend to many who associate with terrorist groups , anti-British , slave to the real leader of The Labour Party Len Mcluskey ... He's every Tories dream opposition leader and that's without discussing his policies

They made a big mistake in the wrong brother the last time , they are now just as other parties are taking mass voters from them going to consign themselves to years of in fighting and not a cat in hells chance of been anything like appealing to voters , except public sector workers of course who looking out for themselves would prefer Corbyns anti austerity policies to become reality

We laughed at Kinnock and Foot but this fella

As a confirmed Tory voter who always did better when I was working under a Tory regime, I firmly believe that you have to earn the money before you spend it rather than borrow to the hilt and hope to heaven that your kids will be able to pay it back .

Therefore I really would prefer a strong opposition to tone down any extreme Tory idealists in the government rather than an unelectable and rather pointless loony left. with no chance of real power and therefore no credible opposition.

We shall see!

Guest Peter James
Tracker - 2015-08-26 12:04 PM

As a confirmed Tory voter who always did better when I was working under a Tory regime, I firmly believe that you have to earn the money before you spend it rather than borrow to the hilt and hope to heaven that your kids will be able to pay it back .

You realise the Tories have borrowed more in 5 years than in the 300 years before them?

Much of that borrowed money they are throwing at the housing market to stoke up demand whilst restricting supply through planning constraints. Making unproductive property speculation more profitable than productive manufacturing that is urgently needed to bring down our 5.8% to GDP Current Account Deficit?

Guest Peter James
Archiesgrandad - 2015-08-26 11:03 PM

I never said that it was his policies that I think make him unsuitable to lead the Labour party. Actually, I wouldn't want him involved in any party, not even a Tupperware party.

AGD

Personal attacks with no substance to support them might work for the Daily Mail.

But in intelligent company they will just reflect on the person making them.

Guest Peter James

I think Corbyn wants to tackle the extreme inequality we have in Britain.

You don't need to be 'hard left' or 'communist' to agree with that.

I think its a good thing to do, for economic as well as moral reasons, and I am not impressed by people who can only respond with unsubstantiated personal attacks.

Two things, I don't understand what you mean Brian, can you elucidate?, and with regard to wanting to eliminate the extreme inequality in our society, as the son of a labourer at the local gasworks and a part time cinema cleaner, no one is more acutely aware of those inequalities than I, but for the life of me I cannot think of any political system, of any political hue, anywhere in the world that has actually tried to do that in reality. The question I face when the time comes to put my cross on the ballot paper is, "which of the names on this form will do the least harm to my country if they are in power?" And if faced with more than one who fulfills that criteria, "are any of these likely to do anything that I actually want them to do?". I know that's sad, but it really is the way I feel.

AGD

Peter James - 2015-08-28 8:57 AM

I think Corbyn wants to tackle the extreme inequality we have in Britain.

You don't need to be 'hard left' or 'communist' to agree with that.

I think its a good thing to do, for economic as well as moral reasons, and I am not impressed by people who can only respond with unsubstantiated personal attacks.

Lets be honest he's not going to get in power is he so it really doesn't make any difference ... He's a protest vote and nothing more

If his latest idea of having separate rail carriages for women is anything to go by it should be a good laugh

Maybe those Islamic terrorist supporting friends of his might make him push for Muslim only carriages and of course cattle carts for the homosexuals

Archived