Aire in Biarritz

derek500

We planned to overnight in the aire by the beach in Biarritz in August but it was totally packed so we ended up in a campsite in Saint Jean de Luz. We are planning to return to England for Christmas and thought of trying the aire again. However, the official "Aire Guide 2006" says it's only open 15 May -15 Oct. I'm sure I read on one of the forums that someone stayed there in the winter. Is the book wrong?

[QUOTE]derek500 - 2006-10-31 8:30 PM We planned to overnight in the aire by the beach in Biarritz in August but it was totally packed so we ended up in a campsite in Saint Jean de Luz. We are planning to return to England for Christmas and thought of trying the aire again. However, the official "Aire Guide 2006" says it's only open 15 May -15 Oct. I'm sure I read on one of the forums that someone stayed there in the winter. Is the book wrong? [/QUOTE] Derek, It was Voxy who stayed there and these are his coments "At the southern end of Biarritz sea front there is a motorhome aire with free hook up and parking in the winter, and about 5 euros for 24 hours in the summer." Don

Hi, I'm not sure of the opening times but I would have thought it was open all year ?? however there is another aire in St Jean De Luz next to the station albeit I have been told it gets very noisy early in the morning as it is right on the roundabout also there is another in Hendaye next to the station which may be of use ?as this is well of the main routes ? albeit I don't think there are any electric hookups ?

Archived