Hydrogen powered engines

david lloyd

Has anyone fitted the hydrogendrive system to their Motorhome and, if so, with what results and at what sort of initial outlay.

Hydrogendrive (www.hydrogendrive.co.uk) claim improved power and mpg with much reduced emissions by using a modification that generates hydrogen to be fed into the engine whilst the ignition is on but stops producing gas when the ignition is off so no storage tank for the hydrogen is required - just generate and use what hydrogen you need as and when you need it.

David

More snake oil.

You cannot get something for nothing , to produce the hydrogen your engine must generate the electricity for the hydrolysis process in the first place. If this was a viable process every manufacturer would fit it as standard.

Kinetic flywheel technology as sometimes used in standby uninterrupted power supply systems.

Fly wheel coupled to alternator charges battery system in forward motion of vehicle, and can spin for considerable time after vehicle is motionless, might be another way forward.

Bob

As I've posted before, a consumer advice radio programme offered up a reward for the first company/person to get one of these devises independently tested to prove they work, no ones won the reward in the several years it's been on offer.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was intrigued by the advert in September MMM by this company who advertise that they will give your Motorhome a free trial of the modification - in the Brecon Beacons. But, until I hear more positive reviews I will sit tight.

David

It's nonsense I'm afraid.

Basic physics - it takes more energy to disassociate hydrogen and oxygen than you get back again when you recombine them (i.e. burn them)

Also it takes a certain amount of energy to move your motorhome a certain distance no matter what fuel it uses.

If you could buy liquid Hydrogen from a source where it could be produced cost effectively in bulk, that might work. Your emissions would be just water.

Archived