Where do motorhomers go in the winter

Malo37

Use it. why spend lots of hard earnt cash on a Motorhome and not use it? lots of places to go and sites open, We use our Christmas, New year and throughout the Winter months its quiet and you get lovely days with lots of sun and bright clear sky. Beautiful stark landscapes and nice cosy pubs. Go for it!!!

Go somewhere warm if you have plenty of time free and no commitments. If your van is winterised, you could go skiing. Some visit the Christmas Markets over the water.

We go out for the odd day. I tend to go away on my own as the missus isn't keen on the cold and dark. Means I get to do more walking and visit my friends.

Motorhoming in the UK in the winter can be miserable but you also have days when it is a joy with perhaps clear skies, a mild frost or skittering of snow.

I'm sure it's better for a motorhome to remain in regular use - although of course not necessarily on the salted roads of a UK winter. Occasional use (including for example to visit relatives, parking on their drive) has served us well, as has storing in a garage plugged into the mains, and our MH is doing quite well at nine years old.

But our new home lacks a MH-sized garage, so ours will now be out in the open, in a part of the Country where they do get snow and ice. I'll have to consider going to Spain after all!

Guest pelmetman
trickydicky - 2015-08-30 10:54 PM

We will be going to Spain as usual.......our 8th year running......love it.

This'll be our 6th winter.......3 course meals including a bottle of wine for a tenner..........fully serviced pitch for eleven quid a night...........and shorts and flip flops in January & February...........whats not to like B-) ..........

They cost too much money, not to use, we will be doing the Spain trip 4th time in Jan, back in April, to pay the council tax! First though we are off to Belgium, France etc. no return ticket yet. The answer to your question is use it, enjoy your trips, meet new people, taste good food. Have fun. :-D

Archived