MR16 112 Volt 10 watt lamps

enodreven

Hi, Just an update for anyone else needing any of these lamps/bulbs apparently Maplins sell them, I am going to try them later today and i will update the post with the outcome ? Oh just in case people don't quite know what we have been talking about MR16, 12 volt, 10 watt lamps are the normal sized 50mm diameter spot light (down lighter) bulbs that are fitted in a lot of MH's and the problem seems to be the low wattage, you can obtain 20 & 50 watt ones very easily even Poundland are selling those, but the 10 watt are harder to obtain ?? hope that explains ?

Tried to edit my posting but waws over the time limit : >:-( ============== Answered my own question, found them in the CAK tank catalogue, Worth taking a look, seem to have anything for a motorhome that uses gas, water, lighting, all sorts of treasures ! http://www.caktanks.co.uk/catalogue.html PS make sure you run the exe files as directed. (ADVICE: Always run a an EXE file through your virus checker regardless of where it comes from !)

Hi, Thanks everyone for the advice, Maplins didn't have any when i got there, but I found a small electrical repairers that had 2, but they cost 3.98 each so i only purchased one ?as that was all i need at the moment but i think i will order 3 or 4 from an online company in Kent that was offering them at 1.60 + Vat just to keep as spares

Sorreee - only saw your post today. If it helps, they're even cheaper in Spain. By the way, I agree that the CAK catalogue is marvellous. It's a real pity that the rest of their customer service isn't - and, sadly, I have yet to meet a converter who thinks otherwise!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Mel E We went to IKEA yesterday and they don't appear to stock the 10watt MR16, they had the very small 2 pin downlighter bulbs which are like a piece of glass with a couple of wires coming out of them in 10watt, but the only MR16 bulbs were 20 watt or higher. The MR16 are the round downlighter bulbs which I think are about 50mm diameter. Brian

Archived