2 single beds with infill to make double

Lizzie

Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if the infill cushion is satisfactory at making a double? I have seen these in a few vans such as Hobby, Hymer and I think Adria. As the infill seems to come where the steps are, do you then have to use a ladder to get into the beds? or do people really only use them as singles?

Our Adria has rear singles with steps & infill cushion that can be used to make a large transverse double. (although we have never utilised it) More than 2/3rds of the infill has a cushion in place & a smaller cushion then fills the remainder, if required. To do so there is a sliding panel that comes out over the top of the steps & the cushion fits on that.

For safety I would remove the cushion & slide in the panel before accessing the steps.

If you wanted to use the singles as normal but for also a small child to occupy the centre, the "2/3rds" infill could be suitable & also leave clear access to the steps.

Lizzie - 2015-09-05 8:34 PM

Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if the infill cushion is satisfactory at making a double? I have seen these in a few vans such as Hobby, Hymer and I think Adria. As the infill seems to come where the steps are, do you then have to use a ladder to get into the beds? or do people really only use them as singles?

The Autotrail Savannah also has 'infill rails' to make a large double at a normal height.so,no steps. Ray

On our Hobby, there is an inbuilt ladder under the central infill which can be pulled out if you want to have the very large double. In the 5 years we've had the Hobby, we haven't used the infill cushions and they have stayed at home, and we've just used the singles

alan

We have a Hymer with this arrangement. We usually use as two singles, but use the insert and the ladder when we want a kingsize bed for, for instance, a "special" cuddle :$

We use the storage in the steps (which dissapear when you use the insert) too much to make it practical to leave it as a kingsize all the time.

Archived