Fiat Hymer 2013 external air temperature sensor

Brock

1. Will someone tell me where this is located. I've had a few strange readings lately on the dash display and then it seems to settle down to something sensible. For example, it was 1.5C and I was hot in a T-shirt!

2. What link exists between the temperature sensor and the fuel consumption? I understand on some cars, the sensor informs the ECU as to how much fuel to burn to compensate for the air temperature. I've had a few odd readings lately on the dash display for average fuel consumption. This is not the same as current fuel consumption which will vary significantly.

Currently, the dash display is over 378 miles [Journey A], I'm showing an average speed of 36mph and 36.2mpg. On 166 miles [Journey B], I'm showing an average speed of 34mph and 38.9mpg.

Normally I get between 29 and 30mpg and the dash displays have been pretty accurate with my own figures.

John has a B Class so it won't be in the mirror, I think you will find it somewhere near the engine compartment behind front bumper is a favorite location. Last week doing the usual 2 mph on the M25 I noticed the outside temp go up to 31 deg, as got moving dropped bay to a realistic 18.5, so must be faily close to the engine.

Edit:

B Class Hymer = A Class van.

Hello,

If the vehicle has original Fiat mirrors and you have either a high level dash display that includes a temp display or you have climate control, the sensor is in the off side mirror casing. You would identify it by a little nubbin underneath.

In your case the sensor will have been relocated elsewhere, and I would not know where.

There is no connection to the main ECU other than to supply the outside temp display or on vehicles with climate control it is used to maintain a temperature of about 10 degrees C below outside ambient and if it is damaged or missing the climate control will not work properly.

Nick

Archived