Central Locking and Alarm setting

grumpyone

We have just purchased an Elddis Acordo 105 which is fitted with central locking, immobilizer, alarm and Thatcham tracker all set and unset on the central locking fob. All worked when picked up however once it was parked on the drive central locking etc all ceased to function and doors can only be locked using the key.

has anyone experienced similar problems or know thw cure.

Thankshttps://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I have the Marquis dealer special of this MH - the Majestic 105. Only got it a month ago and the central locking is working fine - except that when you lock or unlock the cab doors with the remote fob it has a very loud and irritating audible warning. Which is not good for neighbours if returning to the MH at night or going for a walk in the early morning on camp sites. I have sometimes taken to just locking the cab doors with the traditional key ie not setting the alarm when on the site to avoid irritating people in the evening or first thing in the day. However, I am a bit wary of this in case it would impact if I had to claim on the insurance.

So in short, this system needs thinking through by the manufacturers - you should be able to set it without the audible warning.

grumpyone - 2015-09-07 11:26 AM

We have just purchased an Elddis Acordo 105 which is fitted with central locking, immobilizer, alarm and Thatcham tracker all set and unset on the central locking fob. All worked when picked up however once it was parked on the drive central locking etc all ceased to function and doors can only be locked using the key.

has anyone experienced similar problems or know thw cure.

Thankshttps://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

My first thought would be to read the literature provided with the vehicle. If that doesn't help, my next action would be to phone the supplying dealer and ask for advice. If he can't sort it over the phone, then you should take the vehicle back to him and have him sort it for you.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Have taken this up with Peugeot who have not been able to help much, however they did send out the AA to look at the van.

AA very helpful and tested the area with a key fob detector and found a strong signal in the area of the drive which blocked out the transmissions from my fob.

Having spoken to my neighbours they have told me they have also had problems. It does not affect all cars as there are no problems with my own car also parked on the drive.

Looks like I am going to have to live with it.

Glad you got it sorted, or at least now know what the problem is.

We had a similar problem when parked in a road outside a Spanish town. The alarm wouldn't arm. We deduced there was probably a high tension electric cable beneath the road which was affecting the signal from the fob. We parked in the same area a year later and had the same problem. Never had this problem elsewhere.

Our new Autotrail Apache 700 has a Sigma S34 Cat 1 upgrade alarm fiitted and has the same feature of the annoying loud beep when alarming or unalarming. Today I was passing the workshop where TVS do their alarm fitting and the fitter was there so I stopped and asked him about the annoying beep and he said "no problem I can disable the beep for you" after a few seconds of inputting something in the key pad he disabled the noise but obviously left the visual signal intact on the indicators. He did warn me to ensure all doors are closed before alarming as I wouldn't get the warning beep now and might not notice the indicators were warning me of a problem.

I also asked him about the key disabling feature that is possible with this alarm and he said that they disable that capability from their alarms as Fiat always blame the alarm if you can't get the vehicle started so he and Sigma are determined that Fiat can not hang their "not our fault" hat on them.

Archived