Warners fail new member

sakofox

I took MMM up on the offer of three free copies and then £9.99 a qtr. I wanted to do this for a) the magazine and b) the subscribers number that would give me a discount when I booked the Lincoln show.

5 Emails later to their subscriptions dept, no magazine , no subscription number and then today I get my subscription number but the pre booking is now closed.

Warners have a pathetic communication system. They accepted my DD very quickly but they fail to answer questions. I have now canceled my DD because they do not deserve my business.

The camping and Caravan Club are the same, I have been trying to subscribe to the magazine app but after 5 emails no joy. I joined them online and I get their magazine as website pages which are difficult to read. I have asked if I can upgrade to the Paper version but I am told I have to wait until this years subscription runs out.

I will not be renewing my membership with them.

I thought companies like these two were for us the consumer/customer. It appears we pay our money and then they concentrate on getting more customers and forget the ones that got them where they are in the first place.

I am only one man and a van , they will not miss me and I will not miss them.

Strange.

I had excellent service from Warners by email when I had a problem in June setting up my first subscription. I sent one email query, had a response and sent them the requested information. They arranged for the 'missing' first issue to be sent to me and ensured my subscription was properly set up. The problem could have been avoided if its IT system was 'joined up'.

When I realised that I would be away when they were despatching tickets for Lincoln, I rang them up and they have arranged for me to collect them at the gate.

I can't comment on the Caravan & Camping Club but I've had good service from the Caravan Club for 25 years.

I understand that much of it is automated but if you give them a chance to rectify the problem by phoning them and talking to a real person matters might be resolved happily?

I have always found the human side of Warners to be, well, human.

Let us know how you get on.

I have had a few problems with non-receipt of MMM at various times .and on each occasion have telephone the Membership department, who have always been extremely helpful..to the extent that I now have my monthly delivery in a brown paper outer wrapper.

My suspicion was that - although at two different addresses over the years - we had a postman who was interested in the magazine but didn't want to pay for his own copy!

I can say that the Camping Club administration is truly dreadful. It took me no end of phone calls to their offices to even get my welcome pack.

If it wasn't for the fact that that they have some good sites I would have cancelled my membership with them.

Mind you, one thing that both the Caravan Club and Camping Club fall down are their respective websites as they both fall foul of the latest design fad (this year's colours are 'responsive models' which contain little no information but lots of pointless style).

Malc

ShoelessSmith - 2015-09-08 10:01 PM

Mind you, one thing that both the Caravan Club and Camping Club fall down are their respective websites as they both fall foul of the latest design fad (this year's colours are 'responsive models' which contain little no information but lots of pointless style).

Malc

I find the 'updates' on the Caravan Club website seem to make it even less user friendly

What also is very annoying is that if you contribute to their own forum, they can't even work out a system of advising you if any updates are posted. I have asked them several times about this, but they either don't care, or don't have enough expertise - or won't pay- to bring it up to date as other forums are.

Archived