Where can I get a 2nd hand towbar?

W3526602

Hi, I'm looking for a towbar for my 1994 Talbot Express (same as pre-1993 Ducato) panel van conversion. My local breakers insist there "ain't no longer no such animal". I've found somebody selling them on Ebay at about £100, and my local trailer firm quoted me £200 to supply and fit. But I'd like to pay less, lets face it, tow bars seldom wear out. So does anybody know where I m likely to find a second hand bar? 602

[QUOTE]W3526602 - 2006-11-02 7:26 AM Hi, I'm looking for a towbar for my 1994 Talbot Express (same as pre-1993 Ducato) panel van conversion. My local breakers insist there "ain't no longer no such animal". I've found somebody selling them on Ebay at about £100, and my local trailer firm quoted me £200 to supply and fit. But I'd like to pay less, lets face it, tow bars seldom wear out. So does anybody know where I m likely to find a second hand bar? 602[/QUOTE] Hi 602 I know you are aware of http://www.delfindesigns.co.uk/ so I assume you have tried them. But Derek Findly might be able to point you in the right direction if he ain't got one. Don

Thanks both, I know of Delphin, but never thought of them. Call me John or 602. I prefer 602, cos it makes it easier for me to recognise which mail I've written. Its a Senior Moment thing. All the rest is my old RAF number, with 602 as my "last three". 602

Hi Campbell, Yep, that was me. No, I didn't have a Land Rover Dormobile, but when I joined that group I had a Bedford CA Debonair. DOR is USA based, and seems to have developed to mainly Land Rover orientation. It amazing how USA Landys have developed compared compared with the UK versions. For instance there is a kit to fit Range Rover brakes. Actually, I don't know if I still have the Bedford. I sold it for £120, but only received £40. That was a few years ago, so its probably too late to go looking for the rest now. I've still got the V5. ;-) 602

Have you had a chat to one of your local engineering companies, maybe a small one man business? We got a bespoke towbar made for our old Elddis by a local chap for a very good price a few years ago. Messerschmitt Owner - are you in the Micro Maniacs??? (lol)

Archived