New Fiat radio

Pete-B

Hi, I've got a new Bessacarr E462 with the new type radio which has an MP3 player instead of a disc player.

Now am I being really thick because, when I plug my MP3 in the USB port and then press the media button all I get are the words, "no media available".

There's plenty of music on the player so what am I doing wrong?

Any help for this old codger who was brought up gramophones would be much appreciated.

Pete-B - 2015-09-08 8:35 PM

Hi, I've got a new Bessacarr E462 with the new type radio which has an MP3 player instead of a disc player.

Now am I being really thick because, when I plug my MP3 in the USB port and then press the media button all I get are the words, "no media available".

There's plenty of music on the player so what am I doing wrong?

Any help for this old codger who was brought up gramophones would be much appreciated.

It may be that if your mp3 is an apple product, its not compatible with a Fiat cheap radio.

Hi, Excuse my ignorance but when you mention using a 3.5 cable, is that connecting it to the accessory socket which is adjacent to the USB one?

Really must get up to speed with all this technology, my granddaughter has shown me how to transfer my disc's onto to the Sony, that's a start!

That's right.

Using the USB connection gives the radio unit control over the player (as long as it has the software to do it) and potentially charges the player as well. The menu's and methods for controlling the player are not always helpful or intuitive so sometimes it is better to just use the headphone socket (3.5mm) on the player and connect it to the aux socket on the vehicle (also 3.5mm). Whatever is played on the device will go through to the vehicle. In this way you could connect an external portable CD, MD or even cassette player to the vehicle should you wish.

The cable that you need is a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male stereo lead. It depends where you will be locating your player as to what length to go for but i would have thought 1m would be ideal. They are available for just 2 or 3 pounds. Gold plated connectors and OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) cables are best but in this situation would not make much difference over a cheap one.

Nick

It may be that the Fiat radio hasn't got the usually expected mp3 facilities, and I acknowledge that some people don't want to keep their music on two separate sources, but normally the easiest way to play mp3s is to copy them to a USB memory device (not a player), and play back from that using the radio's controls.

Large capacities are available for a song, now, and if you buy an 8 or 16GB "micro" USB storage device it will be both unobtrusive, and provide hours of music if the mp3 files are copied to it.

terry1956 - 2015-09-10 5:01 PM

Hi.remember that the sound coming from the ipod earphone jack socket is at a reduced level for H&S reasons.

If you sync your iPod using MediaMonkey instead of iTunes then the H&S volume limit is overwritten and you get a full power device back. Turn it all the way up to 11 :-D

Archived