Canal du Midi - blocked.

malc d

Seems there was a ferocious storm down here a week or so ago (but very nice now) because there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of trees down around Montauban and Montech.

The canal is blocked in several places by fallen trees - and some sections of the tow path are inaccessible.

Also seen cars in car parks crushed under trees.

Haven't met anyone who speaks English for last couple of days so been unable to find out much about what happened.

Seen one or two houses damaged also - hopefully no-one was hurt - or worse - but looks like they had a frightening experience.

:-(

malc d - 2015-09-09 6:05 PM..... but looks like they had a frightening experience.

:-(

It can't be Dave, i don't think he's set off yet. ;-)

They do get some terrifying storms down there malc, it once happened to us high up in the Pyrenees in a village above Prades, it was lifting the van until i turn around and put the rear end into the wind which helped a lot. We were lucky, loads of debris blowing about, we were hit a few times but only with small chippings.

Dave

There were some pretty ferocious storms in the Pyrenees about a week ago. They missed us apart from a spectacular thunder and lightening show with torrential rain one night but I understand from French TV that the road to Pont d'Espagna, amongst orher Cols, Were blocked forca while and some cars were trapped at the top.

Very still and HOT now near Pau and forecast good for the next few days with possibility of rain and lightening at night. Suits me!

Archived