Fridge freezer

Time to enjoy

Hi, need help!

I have an RV Gulfstream indepdance 2006, 12v. 110v. 230v. & Lpg.

I have taken out the Dometic fridge freezer, which is a 3 way so will run on any above.

I want to install a Samsung fridge freezer which is 230v UK only.

I now understand a little but need some advice.

When hooked up 230v no problem.

When unhooked no 230v a problem.

The two systems work very similar, heat needed to evaporate amonia to start cycle, the UK f/f has a condenser. It seems logical to put an electric heating element onto amonia tank , using a separate leisure battery kept charged by a trickle charger which only charges battery when needed, then an inverter to up 12v to 230v.,.

Or using original LPG system to heat the amonia tank on 230v UK f/f which would be easier.

Can anyone help with any ideas to convert safely, this work of course carried out by a certified engineer.

Best Regards

Time to enjoy

They are not similar at all. 230v domestic fridges and freezers use R134a refrigerant or similar. The superheated gas is sucked from the evaporator and compressed by the compressor. It then enters the condenser to cool off and condense back to a liquid. It is then forced through a capillary tube into the evaporator exposing it to the low pressure again and it begins to evaporate furiously completing the cycle.

Archived