Tom Tom satnav

DonB

Does anybody know if the new maps for the Tom Tom 700 series are coming out soon? They have been promised for a long time. Also can you get maps for the old Communist countries, i.e. Croatia, Slovenia, etc, for Tom Tom? I met a Dutchman in Croatia a few weeks ago with these on his Tom Tom, and he said they were Tom Tom products. But when I asked Tom Tom they said these are not available.

Don, we also have the 700 with the hard disk and are registered with TomTom as such. As has been pointed out, these are the standard Navigator Maps anyway, though I haven't a clue how you download them. We've only had our TomTom a year, so I won't be updating the maps foir a while yet.

We've only had ours 18 months but have found quite a few road alterations which are not on our maps. Also we find it a nuisance that we have bought the model with the European maps but a lot of countries are not included, i.e. the former Communist countries. But some people seem to be able to acquire these!

I've been doing some checking. Navigator 6 is now available and can be purchased for the TomTom Navigator, but not yet for the Go products. One problem with the Go700/701 is that the disk is about 3GB. The full Navigator 4 I have on CD-ROM occupies 7GB, so they obviously have to deselect some detail, which is no bad thing since Nav 4 regularly used to try and send me via farm tracks, especially when I got off what its software thought was the best route. That may also be the reason why some less significant countries (Ireland????) are excluded - to save space. On checking the TomTom website they are not giving any date yet for updated maps for the Go models. Sorry if my report of their email caused any confusion!!

Archived