help tryin to find a shower tray

winsor

hi can any one help out here i am converting a merc sprinter into a camper with space in the back for two motocross (scramble) bikes my son races but to get the bikes in the back means the shower come toilet is over the rear wheel arch and i cannot find a shower tray that will do the job does any one have any ideas i have thought about making one out of fibre glass but would rather something that is meant for the job i have tried oleary and r+c developments but had no luck thanks winsor

What converters normally do min this situation is to bix in the wheel arch, finishing it with white plastic sheet, and then trim a standard shower tray to fit round the wheel arch, sealing the join with high quality silicone sealant (don't use Sikaflex for this as it will yellow with age - and that's according to Sika's Technical gurus!). All you have to do is choose a plastic/grp tray with the outlet in a suitable position for the trimmiong.

I guess it's fairly obvious that the key to success is to have both shower tray and wheel surround very firmly mounted so there is no flexing and the seal should then hold. Make sure to use a silicone based 'waterPROOF' sealant and not the much easier-to-apply 'water resistant' stuff.

I don't have the latest catalogue, but in a 2001/2 CAK Tanks catalogue they have one listed specifically for going round a wheel arch. O'Leary motorhomes had one at the Peterboro Show last year (don't recall seeing one this year) on display so both of those might be worth a ring. I also recall seeing them fitted to caravan/ motorhomes in the past but I am not positive of the make, I believe it may have been Swift though. Bas.

Archived