Side markers - fuse - where? Fiat Chausson 2006

annpspeirs

These are not easily accessible!

Open the driver's door and where you would step in there is a plastic cover. This needs to be removed to give access to a block of fuses behind it.

Handy tip:

Use a very small flat screwdriver or pick to clean out any muck from the screw heads first. It will prevent you from ruining the screw heads; and use the right pozi drive screwdriver for the job!

I have a Chausson allegro 67, I had trouble with the marker lights.On my chausson, there is a central box under the rear chassis, in it is a printed circuit board and all the rear lights, and markers are controlled from this board, because of where it is positioned it suffers water ingress and that is what caused my problem, I had to bypass this board to get my markers to work, scarfing a new cable to a live feed from the original cable that charged the markers, even the marker lights suffer from water ingress and need to be replaced rather than just a clean up of the terminals, your chausson may be different but it is worth checking this out if replacing a fuse doesn't work.

Hi Nick, thank you for replying. Did bring my van to the garage you referred me to, regarding my high revs at starting. On the morning I took it there the battery light came on which said to me Alternator! And, after replacing earthing straps which they thought would cure the problem the engine threw an almighty wobbly and they then diagnosed The Alternator! So £££ later it is now fixed. And am in Croatia sampling the sun. Good wifi here hence my post.

During the service it was pointed out my side marker lights didn't work, however, the fiat book doesn't tell me which fuse it is? So unless I check all of them, up a gum tree really. Will soldier on and see what the other member has advised me to look for, because I have had trouble with rear lights.

Many thanks

Ann :-D

Archived