Britstops info please

laimeduck

I'm looking to do a trip up the East Coast next week and want to know if it's worth investing in Britstops for the trip. I am happy to join for the rest of 2015, but would like to know if there are some Britstop pubs or similar between say the Wash and Newcastle with hookup & preferably toilet facilities.

If so I'll happily join for 2015.

If anyone could let me know I'd be very grateful

We have had hookups on Britstops, and one place near Bridlington used to advertise as having EHU, but has deleted that facility. (Don't know if they did and have stopped it, or if it was an error in the listing.) No stops on the coast currently advertise EHU - there are some inland in N Yorks.

Maybe do better with CLs/CSs if you're a CC/C&CC member?

Britstops is great though!

Solwaybuggier - 2015-09-24 11:04 AM

We have had hookups on Britstops, and one place near Bridlington used to advertise as having EHU, but has deleted that facility. (Don't know if they did and have stopped it, or if it was an error in the listing.) No stops on the coast currently advertise EHU - there are some inland in N Yorks.

Maybe do better with CLs/CSs if you're a CC/C&CC member?

Britstops is great though!

Thanks for the info - we're not in any clubs now as we don't generally tour in UK, only in Europe. I was hoping that some Britstops would have EHU (as suggested on their website)

From previous experience over 30 years I'm not a great fan of either club and we certainly won't be joining. Far too regimented for me!

We've identified some sites through Google maps which are independent and in the £12- 18 per night bracket. We prefer hook-ups & supplied toilets wherever possible.

In Europe we have done France Passion which is equivalent to Britstops, but with Municipals & ACSI at around €12-16 average - or lower, (£9-£11) there really is no advantage if you want the EHU and facilities.

I might be interested in the inland sites in N Yorks - where are they please?

Thanks

Thanks very much Solwaybuggier!

(Sorry don't know your name)

I think we'll leave Britstops 'til next year and see if our trip next week indicates we really want to tour in the UK. We are planning a January trip from Calais down to Portugal for 2-3 months so will probably be fed up with each others company by Spring!

Jeremy

There is a lovely stop at Redcar in Tees-side right on the dunes facing the sea, the toilet block is open during the day, Im sure you could get water from there, no dumping except the toilet though I dont think , as we only live 3 mls away we have never stayed just drove past when going into town.

Archived