Park and Ride

Dave Gomersall

I have noticed that there is a current thread on the Bridlington Park and Ride, re accessibility. Is anyone aware of a 'Guide to accessible Park and Rides' as up to now my experience of them in a motorhome is pretty negative. I tried to visit Doncaster but, upon enquiry, their P&R all had height barriers. I next tried Leicester and again height barriers When I contacted Visit Leicester by e-mail I didn't get a response. Hull (future City of Culture!!) fared no better. A week after contacting the council they told me to contact the bus service about P&R!

The only place where I have found motorhomes welcome are the P&R in York. No height barriers and a cheap and frequent bus service into the city.

Is my experience unique?

Dave

Theres a nice park and walk at filey its near the campsite at filey brigg you can park either on the carpark or drive up onto the brigg then walk into filey its very nice for a day out cheers pp:)

If you in doncaster you could always park opposite the racecourse where the park and ride for hospital is theres no hight barrier there infact its free but you have to make your way to town which is a pleasant wAlk cheers pp:)

Archived