Peugeot Elddis autoquest 115

Hayesdec

Hi

I have just bought a Elddis 115 autoquest. And we are very unhappy with it we bought it from a reputable motorhome dealership it is 3 years old and it has done 10.000 miles the problem is we are finding it very uncomfortable to drive you can feel all of the bumps and dips in the road I know the roads are bad but this ridiculous after about an hour of driving my wife an I have had enough.

I have had a local Mecanic look at it and his verdict is the van has the wrong suspension fitted. And I have taken it to another garage which is a large reputable garage which has been in business 40 years which have worked on motorhomes and they agree that the back suspension is the problem it just doesn't have any Suspension. I have spoken to Elddis which were no help whatsoever they have said it's a standard boxer van untouched, just an Elddis conversion on the back. I have spoken to the dealership where it was bought from and they say there is nothing wrong? all tho they do want to take it to a Peugeot dealership to assess the problem. Which sounds good but are Peugeot going to admit there is a problem this is a tricky one. If you do decide to go for 115 please you test drive it for at least 5 miles. Apart from that everything else is lovely layout and comfortable. But don't drive it anyware or all your teeth may drop out.

Has anyone else had this problem??????

Richard Hayes Braintree Essex

My Accordo is "firm" but not uncomfortable, unless of course the road is full of potholes, motorway driving is fine.

The tyre pressures are set very high in my opinion, 70psi all round from memory. Try reducing this to 65 rear and 60 front and see if that helps.

Brian

We have just bought a new 115 and it is fine, I used to have air assist on my old van but don't feel that it needed on this one.

We did have a VW Clubman once and the rear coil spring broke, ordered two replacements and they looked the same as what came off but they wasn't there are two different spring strengths the first ones didn't even lift the rear end, perhaps this has happened to your van is there any service history with it? Perhaps peugeot fitted the wrong rated springs on the production line (has been known)

Pete

Yes, I have noticed that too, once upon a time I used to welcome 'new arrivals' to the forum, and try to answer their queries, but they seem to use it purely as a 'moan' advertisement now.

1st check your tyres pressures, especially the rears, 80psi is too high.

2nd The 'bumpstops' are a (brutal) part of the suspension, if you don't like it get spring or air assisted suspension.

Ray

It's only been just over a week since the original post and it sounds like a large problem to get sorted in that time for a positive reply so I'll give Hayesdec the benefit of the doubt. We had a 115 from new in 2007 and kept it until this year. We travelled over 37.000 miles in it and over all sorts of roads, never had a problem with the suspension. Has the van got a tow bar fitted as towing heavy loads can damage a suspension? Is there any movement in the van at all?

Archived