marquis lancashire

breakaleg

Hi, does anyone own a marquis lancashire? only we have just ordered one and take deliverie on the 22nd, (well thats the theory,any way) i have only ever seen one other on the road, and wondered if anyone had any comments on them?. we originaly were after a nuevo, but left it a little late, to get one locally. dosn't time drag, when your waiting. pete (lol) (lol) (lol)

We have had one for 30 months, covered 22000 miles, and have been very pleased with it. It is of course a Nuevo with auto sleeper listed extras already fitted available through Marquis. We had a fairly unsuccessful experience with Marquis some years ago and were reluctant to go to them again but it was the type of vehicle we wanted and the Hampshire branch is our local dealer and so took the chance. To give credit where it is due we have no complaints. We have found the back up support to be fine, bookings for service or warranty are confirmed in writing and you can choose morning or afternoon. Everything has been done as requested and would have no hesitation in going there again. No I have no connection with marquis just a satisfied customer. Good luck with your van

Hi graham, thank's for replying, we wanted a neuvo, but there are not many left, due to the chassis change due shortly, and the new neuvo is ten inches longer, which is to long for our situation, so we bit the bullet, we havn't dealt with marquis before, and like many companies, there are good and bad reports, sadley, i feel that lack of decent training dictates the type of experince you get. i was once a salesman for an exceedingly good cake firm, and store manager once said that, i was mr kipling, as i were the only point of contact, and that the company would be judged by my performance. pete

we used to use Marquis in Lancashire a lot until we moved a couple of years ago. Always found them helpful, altho one of the salesmen was a pain. Also used there Tewkesbury branch yearsago to fix a problem with our Mondial, again very helpful. B-)

I haven't seen details of the new Nuevo but was afraid it would be longer. We like vans around 5.5m long as they fit our drive, you can get them in a car park and are generally easier to use on non main roads. Stick a bike rack on the new one and it will be very close to 6m or maybe over which increases ferry costs etc as well. I wish they would leave things alone. Maybe we will have to keep what we have which could be a lost future sale for A/S but heyho.

Hi graham, i might be mistaken, but from what i could gather, the new neuvo is on the shortest chassis that they do now, this inpart influenced our desision to buy. otherwise we would have waited for the winter to pass, still one heck of a christmas present. (lol) (lol) (lol) pete

I forgot to mention the dreaded radio. There is a radio isolater switch on the unit above the fridge. If you turn this on the radio won't turn off after 20 mins. Don't leave it on when you park up though. If you turn the radio off on its control but leave the isolater switch on the radio goes into some kind of sleep mode. Neither A/S or Peugeot could tell me what current it draws in this mode but it will flatten the vehicle battery (and I do mean totally flat) in 8 days. Be warned.

[QUOTE]graham - 2006-11-06 4:56 PM I forgot to mention the dreaded radio. There is a radio isolater switch on the unit above the fridge. If you turn this on the radio won't turn off after 20 mins. Don't leave it on when you park up though. If you turn the radio off on its control but leave the isolater switch on the radio goes into some kind of sleep mode. Neither A/S or Peugeot could tell me what current it draws in this mode but it will flatten the vehicle battery (and I do mean totally flat) in 8 days. Be warned.[/QUOTE] If you want your radio sorted talk to Dave Newell. He sorted mine for me, it now runs of the leisure battery and will stay on as long as required. It was a real bind going off every 20 minutes. Don

The A/S system works ok once you know not to leave the isolator switch on when the vehicle is parked up. They could do with a warning sign by the swich. If you read the handbook very carefully then it is just about covered I guess. Used properly it stops the 20 min cut out. Out of interest with the DN mod does it go into the same sleep mode when turned off at the radio and then flatten the leisure battery or is the radio wiring totally changed.

[QUOTE]graham - 2006-11-07 4:48 PM The A/S system works ok once you know not to leave the isolator switch on when the vehicle is parked up. They could do with a warning sign by the swich. If you read the handbook very carefully then it is just about covered I guess. Used properly it stops the 20 min cut out. Out of interest with the DN mod does it go into the same sleep mode when turned off at the radio and then flatten the leisure battery or is the radio wiring totally changed.[/QUOTE] Grham, My radio is wired direct to the leisure batteries which in turn are being charged by a 60 watt roof mounted solar panel. Maybe Dave knows about the sleep mode on the radio cause I don;t. Don

I did the alterations to Don's radio at Malvern show in August here is what I posted shortly afterwards on the subject of Fiat radios; "having just sorted Don Madges radio out for this problem I can now tell you the colour of the ignition fed trigger wire, it's yellow/blue. So to recap; If you just want to be able to switch the radio on and off regardless of the ignition key position and don't mind it not coming on with the ignition then cut the yellow/blue and connect the radio sideof this wire to the permanent live (thick red wire). If you want to retain the ignition triggering the radio then cut the yellow/blue and insert a diode then connect a wire from the peramnent live to a switch in a convenient position of your choice and the other side of this switch to the radio side of the diode. While I was doing Don's radio I checked the current drawn. In Standby (after the mod) the radio drew 0.05 Amps, switched on and at a moderate volume it took 0.75 Amps. Obviously playing a tape (or CD) will take more current." This would suggest that, unless something else has been altered, leaving the isolator switch on and the radio "timed out" as it were, then it shouldn't flatten your battery any faster than if the isolator switch was in the off position. Does your radio still switch on and off with the ignition? The reason I ask is that if this is so then a diode needs to be fitted to the radio "ignition trigger" wire or the isolator switch will back feed power into other ignition controlled circuits and this might well cause your battery to drain faster. D.

Interesting. The radio can be turned on without the ignition being on and will turn off after 20 mins unless the isolater switch is on. We had the battery go flat just afer we bought the van and I suspected the generator or battery and was going to take it back. After charging the battery I went in the van in the dark and noticed that the on/off switch on the radio was glowing (even though it was turned off) and you feel background warmth. Turn off the isolator switch and the glow goes out. I queried the current drain with A/S but kind of got an awkward silence. What I do know is that with the isolater switch on the battery goes flat with it off it doesn't. I guess all A/S are like this as they all seem to have this switch. As I said once used to it its fine but it is not clear from the handbook.

Hi Graham, I understand the radio can be switched don without the igntion on and it goes off after 20 minutes, this is standard on Fiat radios. But does it come on when you switch the ignition on or not? A/S might have simply rewired the ignition trigger wire to the isolator switch (in which case the radio will only stay on for more than 20 minutes if the isolator switch is on) or they might have the two systems in paralel. If its the latter then there really needs to be a diode inserted into the original ignition trigger wire or when the isolator switch is switched on it will back feed into other ignition controlled circuits. D.

No it doesn't come on with the ignition or indeed turn off when the ignition is turned off. No idea how they wire the isolater switch or if the include a diode but it is a standard fit on A/S so I guess they are all the same. We want someone from A/S to read this forum and explain the system. It has certainly come to no harm in 30 months so it seems to be ok. Starting to wish I hadn't asked but it would be nice to know. This is almost a thread in its own right now.

Archived