Reversing Camera again

Fiat Ducato

Well I've had a look around the cab in my 1997 Fiat Ducato 1.9TD and the radio stays on even when the ignition is off and key is out, (I suppose this is handy if your stopped somewhere over night and want to listen to the radio or music for a little while as they are relatively low power consumption) so can't use this live feed,

So I then checked the cigar lighter as previously recommended bu again permanent live works even with ignition off and key out (just weird)

So looks like I will have to remove steering wheel column and splice into ignition live, only problem is how do I route the wire to the top of the dash where I want to mount the monitor, but I will be removing the monitor when vehicle is left parked up, so want to be able to access the power cable - monitor connector.

Anyone got any ideas or if other people can tell me how they installed there's and the route they took, I would be very grateful. I was thinking of taking the centre console section out just below the vents, drilling a small hole in the top of the dash just about the vents then pass the cable through, just enough to connect connector for power and AV in connector, then apply a little bit of black polyurethane sealant around it so it stops it falling back in and tidies it up nicely.

Many thanks

Paul

AD_dia_1.jpg.d52c6a2ecae0faecaf59c626d4d2bdf0.jpg

3 ways to tackle this, first is to take a feed off the cigarette lighter and fit an on off switch inline, that way you turn it on when you need it. Second is to buy a piggyback fuse holder and put it on a switched fuse in the fusebox. Third is to take the power direct from the reverse light so that the monitor and camera are only on when you select reverse.

Archived