blogs and kindle books

Lizzie

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for motorhome travel blogs - around UK and/Europe. Particularly interested in any that deal with choosing a motorhome and traveling after retirement. I have read a couple of books on my kindle that I enjoyed but wonder if I have missed any that might have been out for a few years. Just read the Katie and Boris one and have read Ali Kingston e-book and my big adventure. All ideas welcome!

Hi Lizzie

We retired about 4 years ago and have spent 5-6 months of each year since then travelling around Europe in a motorhome. It is all blogged and we have found some lovely sites along the way...have a look at our blog if you are interested. We are currently in a peaceful aire in SW France, looking out over a lake in brilliant sunshine....parfait.

There is a link to a motorhome guide to Dordogne ebook on the blog.

Hi Lizzie,

We were in the same position when we retired to Spain 3 years ago. After reading what seemed like hundreds of blogs and reviews of motorhomes, we took the plunge and bought a new Burstner (scary spending that much money when the dealer spoke pidgin English, and we spoke pidgin Spanish!)

It all worked out OK in the end, and we've currently done 40,000 km so far.

We detailed all our adventures and mishaps in our blog which we started when we first moved here.

Hope this is of some help to you, and good luck.

http://themotorhomeyears.blogspot.co.uk

We're coming up to retirement and I love reading these blogs. My favourites are Ourtour.co.uk. They did two years all round Europe and have a great writing style. They just started a new adventure yestserday.

Europebycamper is another I've enjoyed.

Finally I'm currently reading eurotouring.co.uk.

There all full of good ideas and great free and not so free camping spots.

Archived