Morroco

DaveWH

Good Evening

In October 2016 My wife and I would like to join a CCC tour of Morocco.

My insurance company which is comfort will cover me throughout Europe but will not cover me for breakdown in morocco as my vehicle Hymer B544 is 12 years old.

Not wishing to travel without adequate breakdown insurance I turn to this forum for advice!

Has any member done the trip and if so who provided the breakdown cover, I have no problem changing insurance companies to get the cover required.

I believe ADAC covers that area but having difficulty trying to contact them. There website suggests that one has to have a German home address, does anyone know otherwise?

Alternatively is there a phone number that anybody has used in the past?

Thank you all in anticipation.

Am sure ADAC will cover you if you have a British address, if you email them with your telephone number and a good time to contact they will call you back.

We were given the following email address to contact as a lady who speaks / writes good English:-

amanda.moser-wickles at sby.adac.de

As you are using a CCC tour to Morocco, do they not offer breakdown cover for the trip, I Insure my home and contents with them as they give 180 days unoccupancy cover, I wanted to Insure my van with them but their maximum breakdown cover via RAC  called arrival is  only for a maximum of 90 days, stupid in my opinion as I have told them in the past, we go away to Europe etc for much longer than 90 days and Comfort covers us for breakdown , So I would not be surprised to learn that the CCC cannot  give breakdown cover for your trip. 

We went to Morocco and our insurer Comfort would cover all costs relating to breakdown cover but as there is was no national breakdown provider we would have had to get it sorted and claim the costs back. So wegot breakdown cover with ADAC.

An advantage going with Desert Detours is their support vehicle with mechanical support and their long history of touring in Morocco and knowing where to ask and who will be able to get and fit bits.

As it turned out we were double covered but I would be happy to do it again with DD support and being able to claim costs back.

Morocco has a "it can be fixed mentality" no problem cannot be overcome but the issue is finding the right person who might be a back street genius mechanic with a shabby workshop rather than some all singing all dancing main dealer with shiny premises

cheers alan

Archived