Hidden Gem ~ Spanish campsite

Stuart202

Hi

I am hoping that some wise owl out there can help me!

A couple of years ago (approx) I read an article in MMM about a fantastic campsite in Spain. This had a great affect on me and have been longing to go there ever since. I kept the article (among others!) somewhere safe, now I want the details I can't find the article.....heyho!

If anyone can remember the site in question I will be extremely grateful!

A few details:

In Spain, south of Barcelona.

In a quiet location.

You can cycle in one direction to the beach, and in the other to a small market town.

Not much to go on, sorry but it sounded idealic and the author of the article said that they wrestled with their conscience as to telling everybody about as it was so nice.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart

There are several little gems in Spain, if you know where to look.

One we like is south of Barcalona at L'Amitta de Mar it is in ACSI book. Right on the beach, and in a small fishing village. Pitches not all easy to access due to trees, and would not be suitable (IMO) for really large vans You have to be aware that the railway can be a problem re noise in some sites between Barcalona and Tarragona

Enjoy your trip to Spain

PJay

This is probably not the site you read about but it is a really good site and very cheap, cheaper than ACSI out of season. It is near to the beach, has a great swimming pool, water supply on pitch and you can cycle a few miles down the sea front. It is around 50 miles south of Barcelona and 15 miles north of Tarragona we stayed there in June 123 euros for 10 nights with EHU

http://www.parkplayabara.com/index.asp?lng=en&doc=&sec=

http://www.baraparkvideo.com/

PJ, I wouldn1t call L!amitta a "small fishing village", true it has a harbour and a few fishing boats, but the rest of the town is quite large, lots of holiday flats and houses owned mainly by French and Spanish. It gets very busy in late spring and early summer.

I know the area very well as my brother has a villa there just outside the town, and lives there full time and we visit regularly, (other half and I.)

capstan55 - 2015-10-02 4:29 PM

PJ, I wouldn1t call L!amitta a "small fishing village", true it has a harbour and a few fishing boats, but the rest of the town is quite large, lots of holiday flats and houses owned mainly by French and Spanish. It gets very busy in late spring and early summer.

I know the area very well as my brother has a villa there just outside the town, and lives there full time and we visit regularly, (other half and I.)

We have stayed there a few times, but only get to see the parts around the camp site, as we do not have other means of travel so only see within walking distance, but suits us for a few days stay. Lucky you having family living there. We find it quiet a pleasant place, and as you say, is probably a lot bigger than we get to see

PJay

Archived