ford insignia herald

pickle52

I used to own a 1996-built Herald Templar and I’m sure that I recall this question being asked way back when. I believe the grey finish on the bodypanel ‘aprons’ is not paint but coloured pigment impregnated into the aprons’ plastic material. So there’ll be no paint code.

(If you take the motorhome to a car body-shop, they may be able to mix you a small amount of near-matching paint, but I think you’d be better painting the complete apron(s) rather than just trying to hide the scratches.)

Guest pelmetman
pickle52 - 2015-10-02 6:49 PM

Thanks derek .will maybe get all sprayed when I have the dosh .just thought I could get a touch up grey spray .But i think I will open a can of worms .thanks again

I guess it all depends on how original you want to keep it ;-) ..............

But Plastikote do quite a wide range of colours, and if your handy with a spray can and masking tape, then you'll be able to tidy it up quite nicely B-) ........

pickle52 - 2015-10-02 1:20 PM

Any one any idea what paint code is for herald insignia I know the white is diamond white but the grey along the bottom iam having problems in finding it needs some scratches fixed cheers :-D

It should be on your VIN plate; http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paint-codes/ford.htm

Alternatively; http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/1998/all-models/

or.....http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&year=1998

Or.......any 'top notch' body shop guy would be able to tell you just from sight alone and a good example of that is a car my mum once owned in need of some work. I took it to a chap i'd used before and impressed by his knowledge and skills, had no hesitation in going back to him. He took one look at her car and told me, "this has been re-sprayed before but they've used the wrong Diamond white". Rover have two shades of Diamond white. He spotted the difference immediately yet neither myself or my mum had noticed!

Bulletguy - 2015-10-02 10:10 PM

pickle52 - 2015-10-02 1:20 PM

Any one any idea what paint code is for herald insignia I know the white is diamond white but the grey along the bottom iam having problems in finding it needs some scratches fixed cheers :-D

It should be on your VIN plate...

The paint colour (Ford Transit “Diamond White”) may well be on a Herald Insignia’s VIN-plate, but the paint colour for the grey mouldings at the base of the conversion’s body-panels won’t be a) because those mouldings are part of the Herald conversion and b) because the mouldings are ‘through coloured’ not painted.

In fact, I’m not sure whether any coachbuilt motorhome carries a datum indicating the colour used on painted components forming part of the conversion. My Hobby had white painted aluminium body-panels and silver painted GRP mouldings. The colour codes for the panels and mouldings were not provided by Hobby and the white body-panels were definitely a different white to the paint used on the Ford cab.

Archived