Pets in Morroco

jupe

During our next trip, hopefully we'll get away before Christmas, we are thinking of going across to Morroco. Our small dog Patsy travels with us and although I have gone through various bits of information re travelling to Morroco I haven't come across any comments about pets. I'm sure someone out there will be able to put my mind at rest that there will be no probs with doing this and if anyone wants to offer other advice about travelling to and in Morroco it will be appreciated. Pete & Jude (& Patsy dog)

Hi Jupe The pets travel scheme does not cover Morocco, the non European countries included in the scheme are here http://tinyurl.com/ewh3z If you take your dog to Morocco it will have to go into quarantine for six months on your return to the UK. Full details of the pets travel scheme are here http://tinyurl.com/q3byc Don

Hi, You may have seen from elsewhere in these Forum pages, my wife and I are planning to join an organized trip to Morocco in March 2007. We also have a pet (German Shepherd) who normally travels with us in Europe/Croatia etc but whilst we have met numerous French and German motorhome owners who have been to Morocco with their pets, we do not plan to take ours across because "Maroc" is not included in the pet travel scheme and therefore quarantine will be required on return. Currently, we plan to leave our dog in boarding kennels somewhere either in Portugal or Spain for the three weeks that we will be in North Africa. We have the details of one English run kennels down near Malaga and are slowly (we are on the road at the moment) looking to see if there are any others. Have tried the Gibraltar Kennel Club but no reply from them so far, Our tour organizer says he has one in the cooler part of Spain (less chance of ticks etc). The search goes on. If you think that you might go the same route I'd be interested to see what you comeup with. Cheers, Betsy

Hi betsy There are quite a few boarding kennels in southern Spain, but you need to look around very carefully as some are very poor/bad. Even those run by "Brits". Don't hold your breath re Gib Kennel Club.....well known for their inactivity. Is your tour co Desert Detours? They use a top class facility [like "home care"] near Marbella.....Ask them.

Hi detourer, Thanks for the note. Sadly the March trip organized by Desert Detours was already full so we are thinking of bluecamel (they did the UK Hymer Club trip earlier this year). Thanks also for the tip ref kennels in Spain - it confirms what we had already heard. As we will be down in Spain/Portugal much earlier we also intend to do some checks ourselves. Any more tips? Regards

Archived