Error code P0402 EGR Valve problem

ham

Any one stripped out the EGR on their Fiat, cleaned it and refitted; I have a 2007 DUCATO AND AN ERROR CODE P0402. Exhaust Gas recirculation Flow Excessive Detected . Thoughts are to take the EGR valve off and clean out then refit , or do I buy a new one?

Thanks Peter. The warning light goes after a long drive, then reappears after an overnight stop..The Blanking plate used to get van home From France. Blanking plate permanent fix would require A software fix also to remove EGR from mapping the gas emissions.Another cost.

I have a Ford 2.2 and I am guessing that you have the same engine? Anyway it matters not.

EGR valves have to be considered consumables, I have stripped one on my Ford and cleaned it, it worked for about a week! Permanent blanking may be possible but everything has been set up to work with the exhaust gas feedback via the valve. I suggest that you buy a new valve and have done with it, should last about 30k.

H

Guest Peter James
hallii - 2015-10-11 3:11 PM

should last about 30k.

H

Depends how you drive it. Basically the EGR valve makes the engine eat its own sh*t. It feeds exhaust gas in at times when the engine can cope with it - when its hot and at high revs. Whitevanman has never heard of the EGR valve problem because the way he drives keeps the EGR valve opening and closing regularly to keep it clear. Wheras old duffer in motorhome pottering about with a cold engine rarely causes the EGR valve to open so it gets clogged up. When old duffer finally goes over 2,000 revs for the EGR valve to open - its so clogged it jams open, and old duffer thinks he has blown his engine driving too fast *-)

Archived