Dethleffs Globetrotter Vs Dethleffs Eurostyle or?

Lizzie

I have not seen either of these in the flesh but just wondering why the price differential is as it is. The Globetrotter is 2004 and £28k while the Eurostyle is 2011 £32k. Does anyone know anything about these vans?

It seems like we might have finally found a storage place and will be able to go ahead and buy our first van. We want a fixed bed either French or transverse but the van will have to be 22ft max or 6.7m long including any bike rack. I have been trawling autotrader today looking at what is available in our price range. There are a few other things as well including a 2005 Hymer B514 which I love the look of but this seems expensive at £34k.

Another thought would be to go for something much cheaper as it is our first van and there is a 2003 Rapido at £23k???

Any thoughts any of you more experienced motorhomers have would be most welcome. Would any of these be good first buys?

Hi Lizzie

For info The Globetrotter was a much higher level motorhome (premium range) whereas the Eurostyle is the Dethleffs current budget range. They come out of separate factories. Same with the Hymer being a premium range. Hymer's budget range is the Carada (or Carado) ?

So what difference will it make if the van is a budget range? Is it to the fittings? the finish on the outside? or inner workings of the engine/chassis etc? Am I right in thinking Dethleffs are a branch of Hymer as it were? Sorry to be asking so many questions. I suppose the thing is to go and view the vans but some are quite some distance away so trying to do some research before we travel to any.

Contact the owner's club, I know it's a pain as the person running it does it in his own time as a hobby (haha).

Facebook is best, dethleffs-owners, and someone will have them both and give opinions. They have a meeting tomorrow at the NEC, and the factory do a trip in May to the factory near the Austrian border.

I thought Sunlight were their budget range, but it's all part of the Hymer group, and I am impressed with the quality of our Advantage model.

Archived