Swift Voyager 695 EL 2008

Megan

Hello Megan. No. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Make sure you have a damp check done. Motorhomes can have damp problems and some would say Swift are more likely than others. Mileage is lowish so make sure the mechanicals are OK, a good service record exists, and check the MOTs. Find out why the van has only averaged just over 3,000 miles a year. There's a chance it may have been laid up for a while. Also check the weight as it's probably over 3,500kg and you will need a C1 licence entitlement to drive it.

Caravan sites are easy to find if you have access to the internet or have appropriate books/leaflets for the area/site. Both the Caravan Club and Caravan & Camping Club have thousands of 5-van sites with limited facilities as well as their full sites. If using sat nav, just be careful it doesn't send you up a farm track when you expect to be on a main road. I prefer good maps. There are also clubs that enjoy rallying in car parks and fields.

I've been a member of the Caravan Club for 25 years so am strongly in favour of the organisation. Not everyone else is on this forum! Sites are of a consistently high standard with a sensible set of rules so that everyone can enjoy the facilities, and cheap off peak offers. Others will say the sites are overpriced and policed by Wardens who religiously enforce stupid rules. Try one or two sites before committing; you might also try the Caravan & Camping Club. I suspect it will come down to the type of motorhoming you do whether you favour one or other or none.

Archived