Heating & Cruise Control

itz

itz - 2015-10-24 11:40 AM

Just an update on my heater. I have had things checked out by a motor-home engineer, tthe heater has been removed at some point and what I hoped was a combination heater is just for the hot water. I am waiting for a quote from the engineer for fitting a new heater, I would like to get a few quotes before going ahead, so I am looking for any suggestions/recommendations on who to contact for quotes, I should add I live just outside of Dover in the South East.

Did you buy privately, or from a dealer of some kind? In either event you should have been told the space/water heater had been removed and replaced with a water only heater. If you bought privately I doubt you can do anything about it, but if you bought from a dealer you should have a number of options to get at least some of the cost of re-installing a space/water heater reimbursed.

The original will have been a Truma Combi of some sort, what has been left behind (with a bit of internet research on similar age and model vehicles) should allow a Truma agent (I would suggest you approach only Truma agents to do this work) to tell which sort was originally there. But be warned; they are eye-wateringly expensive - even before the costs of installation, and possibly reinstating missing controls, is accounted for.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick post to keep those who kindly replied up to date.

I now have a heater fitted it's a propex 2800 it cost me £791 in total with the fitting, so just the cruise control to have fitted now and I will be happy, it looks as if this will be around £500 fitted, but no rush will look around for awhile and get some quotes.

Archived