Travel insurance.

George..

Hi all,

Just had my travel insurance reminder, it has gone up by 18% to £393. We're with Saga and it's been jumping each year. I'm 72 wife 68. Both have high blood pressure so take medication. Our cover is for European trips upto 45 days with 120 days in total in year.

The reason I'm saying all this is:

A/. Do you think I'm paying too much ?

B/. What do others pay and to whom ?

Obviously our insurance cover is quite intensive but the increases are getting beyond a joke.

I await your replies.

George

George.. - 2015-10-13 5:56 PM

Hi all,

Just had my travel insurance reminder, it has gone up by 18% to £393. We're with Saga and it's been jumping each year. I'm 72 wife 68. Both have high blood pressure so take medication. Our cover is for European trips upto 45 days with 120 days in total in year.

The reason I'm saying all this is:

A/. Do you think I'm paying too much ?

B/. What do others pay and to whom ?

Obviously our insurance cover is quite intensive but the increases are getting beyond a joke.

I await your replies.

George

Hi George

Yes too much. We have ours with Nationwide BS both late 70,s with medical problems. We have 90 day any trip , No restriction on how many trips. Europe only (that is all we want now) There is no upper age limit (Just asked , at my renewal) as OH will be 80 next year. Paid £140.00 It has not gone up from previous.

Of course you have to have banking with Nationwide. The ins is covered by Uk Insurance (Part of Prudential I believe)

I would shop around, as you should get a much cheaper quote,as you both younger and healthier but do check the cover. Hope this helps

PJay

Will H - 2015-10-13 6:36 PM

Yes George you are paying too much as we all are!

Its all a case of the law says we have to have it, and we are charged as much as possible, individual drivers and how good one is don't count.

I pay £575 for nothing George. Nothing except to be able to go anywhere when ever I choose. I'm refused an offer of increasing the up front payment and when you reach a certain age you're looked upon as accident prone and are refused any ability tests that prove you're still as good.

Calculating alternative transport, its cheaper and more convenient and ... there's no comparison when one considers what can be done with 4 wheels and an engine.

Will

I think you are talking about van insurance. Op is asking about Travel Ins

PJay

fesspark - 2015-10-13 7:58 PM

What kind of account do you need to get this insurance?

You have to bank with Nationwide. I have been with them for 40 years.

I am not sure that this is on offer to new customers now. But maybe try your bank ?

Have to say , I have always found Saga one o0f the most expensive, and they used to have an age limit, not sure if they do now.

PJay

Archived