NEC

Pete-B

We went today, thought it was busier than in previous years and that some of the manufacturers had bigger stands than previously- consequently many had changed from their traditional positions. New lines are being launched every day at the expert's theatre but did not seem to be drawing big crowds.

Definitely worth going for some of the special show offers if you are in the market. There did not seem to be much interest in the try it yourself C&CC towing experience.

Bob

Just back from the NEC. Lot of people filling in paperwork with dealers so sales look to have started well. Good spread of motorhomes [and those wobbly boxy things on two wheels] and accessory stands. Usual handful of non motorhome stands selling other lifestyle products.

It wasn't busy but some vans drew queues to view - the Hymis Exsis and the updated BClass 544 seemed popular. I'd say the Continental Motorhome manufacturers pushed the boat out on their stands.

Better than the February Show in that the amount of new stuff is worth seeing. By February, the magazines will have had their say and the 2016 models will be old hat.

I did notice that a decent caravan and tow car would set me back £60k, yet the caravans still looking like they are made from matchsticks. On the up side, the layouts have improved and those we sat in did feel homely.

Had a long chat with a chap from Thetford on toilet chemicals which was illuminating,

Archived