Sat Nav

johnsue

We have looked at previous threads but looking for current advice. At the moment we have a Snooper S2000 which is now 5yrs old & needs updating. So now looking at the Snooper S2700 (which comes with free map updates ) Has anyone got this one& if so would they recommend.

We do carry maps etc but find the Sat Nav especially helpful finding the sites at the end of the journey mostly when we are in Spain / France.

The Caravan a club has stopped recommending Snooper, don't know why ? They now recommend Garmin and give a discount if you are a member (latest club magazine). I have a Tom Tom go live 1005 camper edition, which has lifetime UK map updates, which suits us fine.

I can only imagine the caravan club do not make any money out of snooper so recommend Garmin.

I like Stalwart use the TOM TOM. Superb bit of kit.

Also have Tom Tom built into my Renault Minibus's. Quick to program and so say to use.

All the companies that recommend and sell advertising,, like magazines and the caravan club now recommending the Garmin to make even more money to swell there coffers.

Hi, we use a Garmin Dezl 560, great sat nav. It has lifetime updates for the all Europe maps, traffic and speed camera identification. You pre load the vans height etc and away you.We've been able to plug the reversing camera into it so only have the one screen.All told I do believe that you get what you pay for in the end.

George

Still carrying out research before committing to new Sat Nav. Now looking at the Garmin Dezl 770LMT which is available in 7" & 5" . Believe this is the updated model from the 560.

Was looking at the Tom Tom Go Live camper caravan but I understand according to Amazon this is discontinued.

Lastly I have found Aguri motorhome & caravan RV500 DVR on the Internet.

To date these are the ones I have narrowed it down to.

Appreciate if anyone can advise if they have any of the above. As it is quite a big investment want to get it right.

For me a critical factor in the choice of a SatNav is the clarity of the instructions. Can you hear them? Are they unambiguous? You may also not want them to be too verbose.

Next is the screen. Can you read it at all times (eg sunlight)? A large screen is better but you spend most of the time listening rather than looking…

Then consider the user interface. They’re thought to be intuitive but intuition changes with each generation’s life experience. You may not find some so user friendly.

Some SatNavs seem to tell you about things in the neighbourhood rather than on your route (and the direction you are travelling). Of casual interest to the passenger, perhaps, but distracting for the driver. Considering that these things have gone through several development iterations, it’s a shame that the software has not improved.

Archived