secure motion valve

granddad

hi i have a sundance 05 reg it has a secure motion valve the feed pipe to the valve needs to be replace

iv had no problems with it but the pipe is out of date and iv look for new a pipe but can only buy the hole lot

£40 or do i buy just a pig tail

thx dave

tonyishuk - 2015-10-20 7:05 PM

If need a pigtail between the valve and cylinder, I woulg suggest Gaslow as a supplier ?

Rgds

http://www.gaslowdirect.com/epages/cyujrhdmmu67.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/cyujrhdmmu67/Categories/Gaslow_Products/Gaslow_Hoses

The SecuMotion regulator is designed to allow the vehicle to be driven safely with the gas supply on at the cylinder. The pigtail, which incorporates a rupture protection valve, is essential to maintaining the safety of the system, and also for compliance with the approved status of the installation. Using a different source of supply for the hose is liable to result in the installation no longer being compliant. The hoses seem to retail at about £40, which seems a lot more than I thought I paid for one in 2013, but that seems to be the current price.

Using a hose with no rupture protection valve would completely negate the purpose of the SecuMotion regulator. However, I guess that providing the gas were turned off at the cylinder while driving this would make no difference to the Truma system operationally, as the rupture protection valve only has relevance when the gas is on (prevention of gas escape if the hose were cut during an accident).

Its purpose is to allow gas fired appliances to be used while driving, but it also allows AES fridges to switch automatically to gas when, for example, stopping for lunch, which would otherwise mean accessing the gas locker (or leaving the fridge off). How important a consideration that is for Granddad presumably depends on how easy his gas locker is to get at, and whether he is concerned if his fridge is left off for the odd hour or so while travelling.

...they're still available at around £30 if you search carefully. (found one last week, but have lost the link for the time being).

TBH, the Truma originals seem a very expensive option (I didn't replace the one on my previous 'van, and the refillables on my current one have an excess-flow valve built into the bottle.)

I must admit that I was inclined to try one of the pigtails with built in non-return/excess flow valve from here

https://www.bes.co.uk/products/066.asp

...where even the stainless steel ones are but a fraction of the price - though these prices are ex-vat. (I'd want to explicitly check that the valve was excess flow/rupture proof though).

Edited to add

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/gas/product_41772/truma_drive_safe_regulator_high_pressure_hose_with_rupture_protection._propane.aspx

£29.12

Archived