Two Royal benefactors ?

Will H

Peter James - 2015-10-24 1:17 PM
RogerC - 2015-10-23 12:24 PMPeter like I have already written.....your comments come from a journalist report not from the man himself.  It was written as an interpretation of Woodwards comments as Woodward was not actually 'quoted' as having actually said those things.  Please read closely.....piloting a helicopter off a ship then transiting, at not very much altitude (less than 100ft), over rough inhospitable South Atlantic seas to land on the pitching deck of another ship is extremely dangerous.  Should you have the misfortune to crash, for whatever reason, the chances of survival (at that particular point in time and events) were very slim indeed.  So whilst Woodward may have intimated that he had difficulty in making a decision to place Andrew in, what one who is ignorant of every day occurrences and their dangers in such an environment is unable to comprehend, a position of danger he would not have allowed such considerations to influence his decision making processes.  To do so would undermine his ability to lead effectively and give rise to a great deal of issues on board ship particularly within the helicopter squadron Andrew was on duty with.

So as I have tried to address before ...you speak from ignorance of the truth, only from journalistic sensationalism so please give it a rest and be grateful the likes of Andrew, William and Harry are willing and able to do things you either choose not to do or are incapable of.  Because they have done what you are either unwilling or incapable of doing......putting their arses on the line.
So now its an ad Hominem job on the journalist that reported it. If Prince Harry had got to him he could have physically attacked him for it like he did the photographer carrying out his lawful duty in a public street. Since you ask I have worked on a fishing boat that pitches about more than a warship in a rough sea. I have also worked on a building site. Statistically the 2 most dangerous occupations, I think farming is third, and we only get state benefits if injured. Still, we don't keep on about the danger we faced. But perhaps you consider defending her realm more important than producing food or building homes?For goodness sake Peter get real, I worked on many building sites for 40 or more years have broken both wrists both ankles and ribs have had our brilliant NHS sew me up and had to drop my pants for penicillin shots but anyone who rides in a helicopter over land is at higher risk let alone over the sea in a war is at more risk they were all heroes despite their place of birth.As to the poor journalist I was working at John Lennons house when Ringo Star got married and their behaviour was like hyenas at a killing they have no resect for anyone. JohnQUOTE] *-)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2015-10-25 4:45 AM

Actually I was comparing it to fishing. I don't know how the risks compare, but protected from the weather by a helicopter cab, with a ships hospital if you get injured?

I've been involved in looking for survivors from 2 RN choppers that have ditched.........we didn't find any :-| ....

hi all,

Does it really matter what these lads did or did not do in any conflict as at least what they did do they did voluntarily, they were not conscripted. Full marks to anybody I say--royal or non royal, for doing anything to keep the rest of us safe. I also believe they use their position in society not as a way of getting money from a Charity but as a way of earning money for any Charities they work for.

As I say I am not a fervent loyalist but do not believe in knocking people just because there is an opportunity to do so.

cheers

derek

Guest Peter James

I have enormous Gratitude and Admiration for those who won us the freedoms we have now. It must have taken Great Courage.

What little public recognition they have got is like the little brass plaque to the Suffragettes Tony Benn put up in the House of Commons, which he paid for out of his own pocket and brought in his own screwdriver to fix it to the wall himself. He did not claim it on expenses, like the Tory Peer who claimed for cleaning out the moat on his second home, and which Cameron has just sent to the House of Lords increasing its numbers to a size even greater than the whole of the European Parliament

Its a far cry from the royal titles, statues, knighthoods etc bestowed on Her Majesty's Hangers On. Martyrs, Chartists etc didn't get state backing or wages and were half starved when Her Majesty's armed forces tortured and murdered them to put down their peaceful campaigning, and she never lifted a finger to stop them. Many haven't even got a gravestone to remember them by.

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2015-10-25 7:52 AM

I've been involved in looking for survivors from 2 RN choppers that have ditched.........we didn't find any :-| ....

Same as fishing then :-(

Except that a helicopter cabin is more comfortable than the deck of a fishing boat, and I would certainly rather be on a Navy ship if I needed hospital treatment....

derek pringle - 2015-10-22 9:08 AM

hi Will,

Do we actually know that they take any money from the charity for their work.

They come across to me as 2 really decent lads, who cannot be blamed for their parentage. I am not particularly a Loyalist but while we have the system they are probably as good as anybody at what they do.

cheers

derek

A voice of reason, they are down to earth, well liked (by most) and nothing like their predecessors

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2015-10-25 11:27 AM

A voice of reason, they are down to earth, well liked (by most) and nothing like their predecessors

Have you met them to get to know them Donna, or are their 30 full time spin doctors at the Buckingham Palace Press Office doing their job?

If they are all 'well liked by most' why don't they want an election?

Peter James - 2015-10-25 2:29 PM

Have you met them to get to know them Donna, or are their 30 full time spin doctors at the Buckingham Palace Press Office doing their job?

/QUOTE]

...and what proof do YOU have that there are 30 full time spin doctors at Buckingham palace ?

;-)

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2015-10-25 4:53 PM

...and what proof do YOU have that there are 30 full time spin doctors at Buckingham palace ?

;-)

I didn't save the link where I read it, but here is one that shows Charlie alone has 10 Spin Doctors http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/10580812/Merger-of-Palace-staff-is-latest-step-on-Prince-of-Waless-journey-to-kingship.html

The point is though, they refuse to give interviews or answer questions - ask yourself why?

So if all you know is what has been put out by their professional spin doctors, (however many there are) how can you know what they are really like?

Peter James - 2015-10-25 6:04 PM

.........................................how can you know what they are really like?

It's up to you to choose.

There are professional spin doctors and there are professional journalists ( same thing really ) with interchangeable jobs.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2015-10-25 9:55 AM

Except that a helicopter cabin is more comfortable than the deck of a fishing boat, and I would certainly rather be on a Navy ship if I needed hospital treatment....

Have you been in a chopper?...........I have, and comfortable is not the adjective that springs to mind ;-) ...........

Peter I was going to ( I realise it would most likely definitely be an exercise in futility but one always lives in hope) attempt to respond to the spread of issues you so obviously have with the 'Establishment' residing in Buckingham Palace....the issues you incorrectly attribute to them and those you have failed to address, for example Scotland voting 'yes' and becoming a State with no monetary reserves, no currency, no NHS because there will be no money to pay for it, no military force, no voice in the EU or UN or NATO or any other body until it gets voted on ...which would take years if at all.

However having looked over your posts and taking into consideration the deep deep dislike you express regarding the Royal Family and goodness knows what else in these Islands you find fault with I have come to the conclusion that you must have more chips on your shoulders than the whole of Harry Ramsdens chain of fish and chip shops so I will withdraw and leave you to your anti royal/republican cauldron of misery.

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2015-10-25 9:15 PM

Have you been in a chopper?...........I have, and comfortable is not the adjective that springs to mind ;-) ...........

Yes, and compared to the deck of a fishing boat in an arctic gale it was very comfortable.

(Also visited a warship and the ships hospital looked rather better equipped than a fishing boat)

Guest Peter James
RogerC - 2015-10-25 9:53 PMPeter I was going to ( I realise it would most likely definitely be an exercise in futility but one always lives in hope) attempt to respond to the spread of issues you so obviously have with the 'Establishment' residing in Buckingham Palace....the issues you incorrectly attribute to them and those you have failed to address, for example Scotland voting 'yes' and becoming a State with no monetary reserves, no currency, no NHS because there will be no money to pay for it, no military force, no voice in the EU or UN or NATO or any other body until it gets voted on ...which would take years if at all.

However having looked over your posts and taking into consideration the deep deep dislike you express regarding the Royal Family and goodness knows what else in these Islands you find fault with I have come to the conclusion that you must have more chips on your shoulders than the whole of Harry Ramsdens chain of fish and chip shops so I will withdraw and leave you to your anti royal/republican cauldron of misery.
So why did Cameron throw English taxpayers money at Scotland to keep them in - even though they don't vote Tory???She doesn't want to lose any of her palaces.Don't expect you to answer that one because predictably you have gone off on more Ad Hominem before throwing your toys out of the pram *-)

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2015-10-26 9:18 AM

Peter James

If we got rid of the monarchy next week - who would you like to see as elected president at the moment ?

;-)

Not fussy as long as they are elected by the people they are supposed to represent, who can change them after 5 years if they like.

Rather than have them forced on to their subjects, together with all their hangers on, plus all their descendants, and their descendants hangers on, whatever they turn out to be like, and whether their subjects want them or not.

But I am eternally grateful to the political activists like the Chartists and Suffragettes who suffered so much at the hands of Her Majesty's forces to get us what democracy we have. When the monarchy had it all their own way Britain was as bad as any of the dictatorships like North Korea, Syria etc...

Peter James - 2015-10-26 10:09 AM

When the monarchy had it all their own way Britain was as bad as any of the dictatorships like North Korea, Syria etc...

I agree, (and things were rather unpleasant under the Vikings as well ) but I don't see what that has to do with todays monarchy.

None of the current royals have " forced " themselves on me ( yet ), although I do think the queens stamps are getting a bit expensive.

:-|

Peter James - 2015-10-25 2:29 PM

donna miller - 2015-10-25 11:27 AM

If they are all 'well liked by most' why don't they want an election?

Yeah, I spoke to their Gran when She came to Ebbw Vale, She said they were lovely boys and to ignore the hate filled ejits from north of the border, they're just jealous because they've only got that ugly little troll from the snp.

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2015-10-26 7:04 AM

pelmetman - 2015-10-25 9:15 PM

Yes, and compared to the deck of a fishing boat in an arctic gale it was very comfortable.

(Also visited a warship and the ships hospital looked rather better equipped than a fishing boat)

No worse than on a destroyer in a hurricane I suspect........and its only the really big ships such as carriers that have large sickbays ;-) ............

As I recall most ships just had a medical assistant, or Scab lifter as we used to call em :D ..............

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2015-10-26 9:18 AM

Peter James

If we got rid of the monarchy next week - who would you like to see as elected president at the moment ?

;-)

Tony Blair ..............he's Scottish >:-) .........

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2015-10-26 10:18 PM

No worse than on a destroyer in a hurricane I suspect......

You suspect wrong - fishing boats are smaller so they get tossed about more in a rough sea.

Guest Peter James

its only the really big ships such as carriers that have large sickbays ;-) ............

Such as the one Prince Andrew was on *-)

Or are you seriously suggesting the medical attention he would get if injured is no better than a fisherman would *-)

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2015-10-26 10:20 PM

Tony Blair ..............he's Scottish >:-) .........

I'm not, I was born in England. But thats irrelevant..

The big difference is we can get rid of the likes of Tony Blair after 5 years. We are not stuck with Tony Blair, plus all his family, plus all his hangers on, plus all his descendants, plus all his descendants family, plus all his descendants hangers on, whatever they turn out to be like, for evermore..

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2015-10-27 7:46 AM

its only the really big ships such as carriers that have large sickbays ;-) ............

Such as the one Prince Andrew was on *-)

Or are you seriously suggesting the medical attention he would get if injured is no better than a fisherman would *-)

Dunno why your so fixated on fishing boats, the Navy has plenty of similar sized vessels, minesweepers, fleet tenders, and FTB's and I can assure you they are just as affected by rough weather ;-) .......

Neither do they carry a scab lifter so really no different to your average fishing boat :D.........

Archived