Advice please.Cooker igniter

Richard.D.65

It had to happen didn't it.........booked a site for the weekend..........everything sussed out for our first trip.

I fixed a problem with the push button electric flush that was down to a corroded contact (feeling quite good about sorting that one) :-)

My Mrs came home from three days working away,so I'm going through the water and heat controls,,,,,,,and ..........bugger,

When the hob igniter is pressed........all the electrics trip out,aside from the fridge(hook up is in)......so.....my other half will be having words with the dealer tomorrow (she's better than me at that kind of thing) .

Has anyone else come across anything similar.

Richard

............I did wonder if the circuit was overloaded,so tried it with just a few lights on,but it still happened.So I'm wondering if something has been altered from original spec that is causing the glitch................will have to investigate further at the weekend

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Upon investigation.......which involved working out how to get the panel off the front of the cooker.......the earth wasn't working properly.So I wired a separate earth from the push button/igniter and everything is fine.The lights stay on and everything seems ok.

Richard

Archived