Insurance rip off

bodach

I have insured recently through the the C and CC. Just got my renewal notice in. Cost is just over double last year ie an increase of £390 to £700.

Why? I have just turned 80 so no new insurance company will touch me.

I am no more a danger now than I was last year but they clearly have me over a barrel. Take it or give up a motorhome seems to be the message. My car insurance has gone up but only by a small amount (Rias). I could go elsewhere with my car insurance if I wished so price remains reasonable. Motorhome? No options. Rip them off!

Having got that rant off my chest I don't feel any better tho'

The C&CC recently changed over to Aegeas as their Broker and my premium shot up last year because of that. I insured with Caravanguard at £335. My Insurance quote arrived this morning and has gone up to £358, given that the Government have hiked the Tax up from 6% to 9.6%, the increase is minimal.

I might bask for a quote out of curiosity in case they have had a change of heart. Quite a few people I know from other forums have deserted the Club for their Insurance.

bodach - 2015-10-23 3:17 PM

I have insured recently through the the C and CC. Just got my renewal notice in. Cost is just over double last year ie an increase of £390 to £700.

Why? I have just turned 80 so no new insurance company will touch me.

I am no more a danger now than I was last year but they clearly have me over a barrel. Take it or give up a motorhome seems to be the message.

Unfortunately its one of the hazards of being older. From their viewpoint good drivers are not profitable, we rarely use their legal personnel and if like me you have no truck with all their so called various protectionist waffle you are even worse, so they load their missing revenue onto the annual fee.

Archived