Solar Battery chargers

Stew

Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but does anybody have any recommendations re solar chargers for the engine battery on motorhomes. Now its coming to winter I was thinking of connecting one just to trickle charge the battery. What power rating would be required. Any suggestion greatfully received. :-D

Hi, On the subject of the solar trickle chargers that you site in the window and then plug into the cigar lighter socket ??. On both my car and Mh and i believe all of my previous cars the cigar lighter socket is disabled when the ignition is turned off ?? am i missing something ?? or is there a special way to use them ?

If the cigar lighter and power plug is disabled it can be connected straight onto the battery by the crocadile clips supplied. wire can be put through the bonnet and door rubbers. I have a battery condition charger its much better,similar to whats used on a motorcycle it keeps the battery in peak performance but it has to be plugged into the mains my vans on hook up so no problems there. Pete

Archived