TOPAZ MPG

o midKnight

Hi, I really don't know the direct answer to your question, but i would suspect it will all depend upon your driving style, I have a 7.5 metre 4000 kg MH and if I drive carefully around the 50 to 60 mph I can return 26 mpg but if i raise this to 60 to 70 then it drops down to 22 mpg hope this helps

HI With a light right foot and not exceeding 55-60mph on the motorway you should be in the region of 27-30mpg. But and it is a big BUT mpg depends on what kind of driver you are, where you drive, what speed you drive at, weather conditions, load on vehicle, if windows are open or closed and whether or not you tow etc.The best advise is to regularily check what kind of mpg you get in different conditions and use that as a yardstick in case of mechanical problems. Good luck Docted

Mine is a 1997 VW Autosleeper Talent SWB. 2.5 102 bhp. Ive done 20,000 miles in 4 seasons & return 40mpg regularly. Although the Topaz is a bit longer & heavier I would expect not less than 35 mpg (on a 102 bhp engine) oh, I don't drive round at 50 mph either. Not less than 60 on dual carriageways, but slower on most single carriageways. Superb machine! SmallIsBeautiful

I have a 2001 2.5tdi VW LWB Nektar with elevating roof.I have had it from new and have clocked 33000 miles so far. I have kept a record of all fuel put in since new (sad or what) so my mpg figures should be accurate. My av mpg is 42.5mpg. In France for some reason my mpg for the holiday is nearer 44mpg, I drive like I like I have an egg under my throttle, rarely exceed 55-60mph and practice the art of anticipation. Fuel consumption is down to many factors most of which can't be controlled. How you drive is one that can.

Archived