Dieppe

skids

Yes we used the aire at Dieppe earlier this year. It is well situated for the town on the opposite side of the harbour and nice and quiet. There is a charge of €7 (no hook-up). Dieppe is a nice town. We have also stopped on the harbourside at Boulogne with other motor caravans, although it is not an official aire. There is an aire at Le Portel which is the southern outskirts of Boulogne. Nothing special but it backs onto the sports ground. It is free and there are limited hook-ups available. Roy.

I know the Le Portel aire as well - it's a bit tricky to find (through a residential area) but OK. We've only used it to empty/fill, not to stay over, but there always seem to be quite a few people who look as if they're "camped" there for a while. Not sure what the attraction is, but who cares? The way I see it, the whole point of a campervan is that we don't describe our holidays by where we sleep or fill up. Those are just "necessities," to enable us to go where we want and do whatever matters to us DURING THE DAY! (I might scribble a bit more on this theme sometime if the muse takes me)

We stayed at Dieppe in September, busy aire, was quite full when we got there in the middle of the afternoon. But motorhomes coming and going all day - so if it's full, just hang around. They park a bit close, but as long as you can get your door open :-o I suppose it's ok :-) Nice place - Dieppe is a lovely town to explore, it's on our list to visit again. Carol

Archived