Replacing flooring

Lizzie

Has anyone used this company to replace their vinyl flooring?

http://www.caravancarpetsandvinyl.co.uk/

Or have any other recommendations? We live in Surrey but can take the motorhome to wherever. The van we are buying has a carpet which looks a bit tatty. I lifted the carpet up but much of the foam backing is stuck to the vinyl underneath so thinking it might be good to have new vinyl which will be easier to keep clean in any case with dog hair etc.

Our old Autosleeper had fitted carpet that was well past it's best, I bought several packs of self adhesive 'woodgrain floor strip tiles'. After stripping out the old carpet and thoroughly cleaning and preparing the bare floor, I laid the woodgrain textured strip tiles', very easy to cut and fit, looks and feels like an 'Oak' floor. Cost £25. Not including Labor.

Guest Peter James

I've always managed to get the old vinyl up and use it as a template for cutting out some new vinyl.

Carpets are nicer when new, but my van is too well used to keep them clean.

Guest Peter James

I use industrial grade vinyl. Its solid instead of foam like domestic vinyl so its heavier and costs about 3 times the price but its far stronger and lasts about 20 times as long because it has something like powdered granite embedded in the top layer for slip and wear resistance. Its the stuff you see on bus floors, railway stations etc, with 24/7 constant foot traffic. http://professionals.tarkett.co.uk/products/safety-floors/safety-floors/safetred-universal

Not sure we'd find it that easy to do on our own. There is a little step where the fixed table is with a sort of frame round it. The long runner bit from behind the driving seats to the rear looks easy enough although from memory there are grippers round the doorway and then the area around the driver and passenger seats would be difficult I imagine. I suppose we will be able to tell more once we have it - we collect in just over two weeks but then it will be in storage so also not sure where we could carry out stuff like that.

If anyone has used a company for this type of thing I would be interested especially if it is like the re-upholstery ones where you go off and leave your van with them - I like the sound of that type of arrangement.

Archived